Legit?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I dont think its nuked. Thats genereally a dark purple or a rust color.
Can you post a clear picture of the bottom and one of the lip with cap removed. That would help immensely, to tell if it is a reproduction or not. I really want it to be real for you.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Mintdahlia

Reaction score
Can you post a clear picture of the bottom and one of the lip with cap removed. That would help immensely, to tell if it is a reproduction or not. I really want it to be real for you.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
You bet! It shipped yesterday so i should have it in hand early next week. I just hope the gal packaged it well enough

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
You bet! It shipped yesterday so i should have it in hand early next week. I just hope the gal packaged it well enough
I have some really crazy not enough padding stories I won't bother you with. I have my fingers crossed for you. It will be just fine.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

planeguy2

Reaction score
I know some glass changes color if it is put at high temperatures also some irradiation produces colors similar to that. It might not be nuked, but it could be cooked

This shows possible colors of nuking/cooking of glass: Color compare of nuked/cooked glass

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
I dont have the jar in hand yet. Bought it online so i dont have great pictures of it yet. Just the one. Please help if you can! I would love for it to be legit, but without good photos i can't judge well. And the opportunity for it to be what i think it is, i had to jump on it before someone else did
I think it’s real. That’s an elderly person’s home and it doesn’t look like they could have afforded to pay to much real or not.

logueb

Reaction score
Would love to see the photos of the base also. Been collecting for 50+ years. Dug a lot of blue mason jars and never seen that color . Hope it turns out to be legit.

EvansBottles

Reaction score
It looks to me like it's an irradiated purple authentic jar. Although it's difficult to say for sure from that photo.
It could very well be a modern repro. I've been collecting ground lip Mason's 1858 jars for a long time. Please
post some better photos when you receive it.

dab46

Reaction score
Way to hard to tell much from the picture, glass has a new look, also in the back of the red book it list some of repro's with a base with 1171 .

yacorie

Reaction score
I’ve never seen an SCA jar that dark and my opinion is if the threads are that dark too - it’s not legit SCA

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese