Let The Buyer Beware

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Fruit Jars

Reaction score
I was recently contacted by email by someone claiming to be from the Netherlands. He said that he had a rare fruit jar for sale. The person sent me pictures of a quart amber Air-Tight Fruit Jar. I asked for more pictures and more pictures came. I then asked for a picture out in natural sunlight and suddenly there was no camera to be found. The person claimed to be Lesly Janssen from Holland. So beware, you are not going to find a $25,000 fruit jar for $1000 as offerred.
Jerry

Bayoubottles

Reaction score
Exactly, the same guy offering Baltimore star inks. I have a pic of these inks but am having problems posting to the Foru.

kungfufighter

Reaction score
We too have been contacted by this "gentleman" who was at that time using the name "Leonard Janssen" and the business name "Antiekmarket."

A copy of his original eMail follows:

Dear Jeff,

I'm a antique stoneware collector from the Netherlands.
I have a very big collection of advertising jugs and churns mostly from Holland.
Recently i moved to a smaller house and have to sell some of my stoneware.
In my collection i have a very nice Jug with a carved bird on it in blue with the carved text:
C. CROLIUS MANUFACTURER MANHATTAN, WELLS NEW-YORK

There is a picture of it in this mail.
The jug is in a excellent condition, i bought it years ago from an old pup in the harbor here in Holland.

If you are interested in buying this crock from me or maybe you know a nice Dutch crock to trade it with, please let me know.

Best regards, Leonard Janssen

The jug was priced at $1000 - it would have been worth $25,000 or more. Obviously tempting but a little online research showed it to be bogus.

WATCH OUT!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday