Liqueur bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
I'd really like to see a picture of the bottom of it, also. I go along very much with Diginit's assesment. And Kat's advice. I think you are going about the right way to find out about it, with the information you have on it so far. Maybe someone will see it, the picture's are a good start! It's a beauty.

s.c.

s1m1o

Reaction score
Hello all...

I know its been eight years since this thread was started.... But I have found the exact same Bottle, but it looks like the real thing....

It does not have a top ( and no holes in the neck, so it looks like it never had one)

The seams on the sides go all the way up the neck but stop at the top ( the seams on the top are at the front and back)

There are various air bubbles within the glass and the bottom of the bottle is uneven...

Other than that, the Bottle has the same flowers, the word "liqueur" on front, "bottled 1860" on the back and 350 on the bottom.

Does anyone know what this is or how much current value is?
It seems obviously french ( which makes sense as I found it in Spain)

Why would they make reproductions of this Bottle? Is it special in any way?

Thanks for any info

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
we still need high quality close ups of the neck and base of this bottle. It would be very unusual for that bottle to be any older than about 1950. They used these as a commemorative bottle to hold anything from syrup to ammonia, In the unlikely event that it is genuine, I would say it is an 1870's-1890's whiskey flask. The color, style, and perfection makes me feel the way I do.

s1m1o

Reaction score
Posted some pics.... Hopefully they Will be censores soon... But u say comemorative.... Comemorating what exactly?

s1m1o

Reaction score
The other thing i dont understand is you saying that if it is in fact the real deal... It would be dated later than the inscription " bottled 1860" on the back... I dont Get it!?!?

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
In the bottle world we see a lot of dates on bottles but rarely does the date embossed indicate the time of making. some examples are as follows........

This bottle was made from 1862-1870 ish but the date was always 1863: http://www.peachridgeglass.com/2012/10/steeles-niagara-star-bitters-lockport-glass-works/

This is a great example. This bottle has a date of 1860 on the bottle but was not even patented till 1862. I think they made these till the 1870's or 1880's but the date never changed: http://www.rubylane.com/item/825459-RVC878/Antique-ST-Drakes-1860-Plantation

Anyway.......No matter what, we need close ups or we can just assume it is a reproduction/ fantasy bottle with minimal or no value.

We see a lot of first time posters here and when we try to educate them we get negative feedback on a regular basis, but, we are being realistic. An electrician will not give you an estimate on a job until they see what they are going to be working on just like We cannot give a even a roundabout guess until we know what we are dealing with here.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
These are fakes/ reproductions/ commemorative bottles I was speaking of. That bottle could have just been speaking of the year Lincoln became president and abolished slavery????? who knows.

http://www.ipass.net/rlynch/bottles/pics/WashRepro.jpg

and here are a bunch of them on this page: http://www.ricksbottleroom.com/reprosscams.htm

Blackglass

Reaction score
Well, here's what I make of it:

- The bottle, taken from you description alone, is machine-made, so post circa 1910.
- the base is marked with a number, and there were very few if any bottles bearing base markings in 1860
- "Bubbles" and "Heaviness", while common on older bottles, are also common on cheaply made modern pieces

I'm guessing very modern, maybe 2010 to commemorate whatever happened in 1860's 150th anniversary? 100% sure it is not older than 1960.

epackage

Reaction score
They only way this bottle would have any connection to 1860 is if you smashed it into 1860 pieces, put some garlic and cloves in it and add some olive oil and use it on you salads....

s1m1o

Reaction score
Okay... Didn't Mean to offend anybody... But it looks like i did..... Sorry!

All i am asking if this Bottle exists as a classic piece..that's all... And if all of you assure me that there is no way that this Bottle could be real, based on the fact that i'm a newbie, and the fact that None of you have seen not even one picture of said Bottle.

Sorry for doing that in the "wrong forum"?????

Goodbye...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday