List of Chero bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jeffsattic21

Reaction score
I will not pretend to answer for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, I could not care less about the acl Chero because I collect the earliest straight side Cheros from Georgia. I do have a painted Chero in my collection because it is from Thomson, Georgia which is 20 miles from me. Also the 1st version of the acl (Chero- Formally Chero Cola) is pretty neat to have.

A couple of other points. If the question why do people collect Cheros is referring to acls, I doubt anybody here collects acl Cheros for any other reason except for local interest (see above), because you are right, there is nothing "special" about the label. The reason they are popular in the south and east is because that's where they all were bottled. The same is pretty much true concerning the embossed bottles- they are usually collected locally. BUT, with the embossed bottles, you get into glass color, bubbles, waves, etc. that many of us love to collect.

As for collecting Cheros from California, I know of none. As far I know, Texas and Oklahoma was as far west as Chero ever went.

By the time there was an acl Chero, Chero Cola as a company no longer existed. It was only sold as a flavor from the Nehi Company. I don't know numbers, but concerning "neverending" towns and states as mentioned, I suspect there are very few town variations of the acl Chero because by the thirtys and forties, it was all but forgotten as a "big time" drink.

Jeffsattic21

Reaction score
I will not pretend to answer for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, I could not care less about the acl Chero because I collect the earliest straight side Cheros from Georgia. I do have a painted Chero in my collection because it is from Thomson, Georgia which is 20 miles from me. Also the 1st version of the acl (Chero- Formally Chero Cola) is pretty neat to have.

A couple of other points. If the question why do people collect Cheros is referring to acls, I doubt anybody here collects acl Cheros for any other reason except for local interest (see above), because you are right, there is nothing "special" about the label. The reason they are popular in the south and east is because that's where they all were bottled. The same is pretty much true concerning the embossed bottles- they are usually collected locally. BUT, with the embossed bottles, you get into glass color, bubbles, waves, etc. that many of us love to collect.

As for collecting Cheros from California, I know of none. As far I know, Texas and Oklahoma was as far west as Chero ever went.

By the time there was an acl Chero, Chero Cola as a company no longer existed. It was only sold as a flavor from the Nehi Company. I don't know numbers, but concerning "neverending" towns and states as mentioned, I suspect there are very few town variations of the acl Chero because by the thirtys and forties, it was all but forgotten as a "big time" drink.

Hello, I was reading through this post and noticed you commented about a bottle from Thomson ga.. I was curious about the Thomson plant where they did tte nittking. I have one that’s Aqua blue and has Thomson ga embossed on the bottom side with Chero cola up on the high sides. This one was mixed in with mostly coke bottles , one happens to be a SS high script grok bottling Co Jackson ga. It Audi had the light purplish tint. Once I started to research this shade of color for the fourth time I came across one on ebay which had less than an hour left for open bidding, I messaged the seller and he explained how some vbottied become this color (years, if not decades of ultraviolet rays/sunlight and manganese dioxide) . on ebay. one identical to it (except from Los Angeles). With this said what do you mean when you said you’re bottle was painted? One last question, the only number I see on my Cheri cola bottle is 32 which is on the bottom. Is this the year?

Attachments

• 04075AE3-77B3-4166-88AF-777BA1083D61.jpeg
    04075AE3-77B3-4166-88AF-777BA1083D61.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • F951FF73-C6CD-44F7-9787-EF2AFD0FA31F.jpeg
    F951FF73-C6CD-44F7-9787-EF2AFD0FA31F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 0003429E-17A7-4FEC-BFD2-A38FCB1E8E97.jpeg
    0003429E-17A7-4FEC-BFD2-A38FCB1E8E97.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • 63031A19-5CF9-4315-9B61-2A8BB1C1A858.jpeg
    63031A19-5CF9-4315-9B61-2A8BB1C1A858.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 79
  • CCDE1C28-4458-4DBB-B309-6BA97220F3F2.jpeg
    CCDE1C28-4458-4DBB-B309-6BA97220F3F2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 8F0D55C0-E845-4A83-9092-F4103C87564D.jpeg
    8F0D55C0-E845-4A83-9092-F4103C87564D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 74

Wadersmith

Reaction score
Hello, I was reading through this post and noticed you commented about a bottle from Thomson ga.. I was curious about the Thomson plant where they did tte nittking. I have one that’s Aqua blue and has Thomson ga embossed on the bottom side with Chero cola up on the high sides. This one was mixed in with mostly coke bottles , one happens to be a SS high script grok bottling Co Jackson ga. It Audi had the light purplish tint. Once I started to research this shade of color for the fourth time I came across one on ebay which had less than an hour left for open bidding, I messaged the seller and he explained how some vbottied become this color (years, if not decades of ultraviolet rays/sunlight and manganese dioxide) . on ebay. one identical to it (except from Los Angeles). With this said what do you mean when you said you’re bottle was painted? One last question, the only number I see on my Cheri cola bottle is 32 which is on the bottom. Is this the year?
Dont have pictures but in the 30s or so chero-cola had to drop the cola from their name they also picked up a new design. Basically a twist but no embossing it was painted "Chero" and then their slogan, at the back a flat spot was there for the bottling company/town to be added on. I have some pictures on Instagram @the_antique_treasure_hunter or you can message me on FB at Wader Smith

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583