Listerine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Warren, wasn't there some kind of a contest some years back where the Listerene Company was offering somthing like a thousand dollars for the oldest Listerene bottle that could be found? I never did hear if there was an outcome on that deal or not.

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/index.htm

capsoda

Reaction score
Yep there was Louis. The bottle had to have its origanal lable and cap or stopper. A older lady in Tenn had one with label, cork (still sealed), contents and box. They took her pic with some muckity mucks from the company and she donated the bottle to them. I am not shure where it is on display though.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
Those are from the 60's maybe 70's. Ever see bakelite after it's been in the ground 60 years? Put 'em back in the ground.

i disagree i dig those ALL the time dating from around the 40s or 50s with their bakelite lids that still look new after all those years they all look just like that so i would put them in that era and if i liked them then i wouldnt put them back the 60s and 70s listerine bottles say listerine on BOTH sides of the bottle and not just the front

madman

Reaction score
hey spencer, i agree with you those date to the mid to late 30s, ive dug a ton of those era bottles with the bakalite cap intact just like new, hey aric since youve got those three sizes with the cap id keep em mike

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
yeah i gotcha i like to use the emoticons so that everyone knows im just kidding
BTW those are definately bakelite because they have a "dull" patina and they look like really hard plastic plus the first one is split a little (really hard to see because its small)

LC

Reaction score
Now Fellows, let's be civil with one another !! Referring to the bakelite caps, I have dug them out of the ground and have seen them come out like sparkling new. And other times I have dug them out of the ground, and they look all mildewed and crappy looking. Guess it depends on the type of mineral and so on in the soil where one is dug.

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/index.htm

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen