Literally! Barrels of Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

barrelsofbottles

Reaction score
Thank you so much Jay.
I'm surprised about the Heinz bottle just because of the backwards Z. Oh well....
I am in northern Indiana and like I said, I have barrels and barrels of bottles. Just kind of sifting through. You never know! [:D] I'm a firm believer that one man's junk is another man's treasure. I have alot of other peoples junk! LOL
I will keep posting pictures.

Bixel

Reaction score
That insulator has very little value. The only value it really has is for people who want it as a planter or something in their garden.

carobran

Reaction score
the meds and suck are pretty much worthless,....but some acls can be worth a nice chunk of change..............let me know if theres any Miss. bottles..[:)]

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
The soda bottles are worth keeping/selling. The rest looks pretty recyclable. I'd keep any milk bottles and fruit jars that don't say "Atlas EZ Seal" or "Ball Ideal". Also look out for older "blown in mold" bottles where the mold seams on the sides fade out before they reach the lip.

madman

Reaction score
looks good so far! dont kill em!~

barrelsofbottles

Reaction score
Thank you all!

This information is very helpful. Maybe I should post pictures before we slump them. Wouldn't want to kill a good one! [:D]

Thanks again. I will post more pics soon.

Liz

KBbottles

Reaction score
Hi There,

Try to line lots of them up in rows and take big group shots and then we can tell you which ones stand out. There are late labeled sodas and art deco sodas that sell for quite a bit sometimes on ebay. I just watched an old labeled Barqs root beer reach almost $100 today.

surfaceone

Reaction score
I will post more pics soon.

Hello Liz,

Welcome to the blue pages and thanks for showing us half a barrel. I wanna see'em by the barrel full, and in the format you've shown here, too.

If you have a lot of soda bottles, I'd post those in the Sodas section. Those guys sometimes don't get this far north. You know how they can be.

So what'ya do with your "slumped" glass? Does the ACL paint burn off or become a design element?

fused-glass-cityscape-05.jpg

barrelsofbottles

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the welcome!
First off, the ACL labels stay on when we slump them even though we heat them to about 1600 degrees. We sell them for cheese trays, spoon rests, wall art, etc. The possibilities are absolutely endless. We also have customized many with family photos, wedding pics, etc. We even made one with a picture of a baby's ultrasound pic. When our bottles break, we make jewelry. All of our glass is upcycled.

I will post a few pics of half of the barrels that we have because the other half is in my partners in crime barn.

Again, thanks and I will post a pic in the soda forum.

B4022B05B4ED482B97C2CCEA032FD45C.jpg

Attachments

• B4022B05B4ED482B97C2CCEA032FD45C.jpg
    B4022B05B4ED482B97C2CCEA032FD45C.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members