little bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

charlie6395

Reaction score
Hello everyone I need help Identifing a 1/2 pint bottle it is clear glass. With a cork neck. On 1 side it has a round raised circle and inside the circle it says sweet chalybeate springs I found it while I was creek hunting in sweet chalybeate v.a the locals where all very Interested in geting it they said their was a resort there at one time and that they made their own whiskey and bottles??? Thanks Charlie p.s might figure out how to post a pic someday.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Charlie,

Welcome to A-BN. Did'ya consult the directions?

"It is impossible to enumerate all of the diseases to which this water is applicable, it may
be said to act as a powerful tonic in all cases of general debility, to assist in the cure of cholera in-
fantum, or any catarrhal condition of the stomach and bowels. Remarkable cures of long stand-
ing and seemingly incurable dyspepsia have been made. As a diuretic, it acts quickly and freely.
In any disease of the liver (not organic) or kidneys (except diabetis insipidus) it has a most
salutary action. Ladies suffering from menstrual derangements are greatly benefited and cured
by drinking of and bathing in these waters. Cases of sterility seemingly incurable have been
cured here quite frequently. Any one suffering fn^"i 'i^-'aria in any of its forms are always
benefited by a visit to us.

The Sweet Chalybeate Water is pleasant to me tasie and has no disagreeable odor what
ever. The large amount of gaseous constituents make it far more palatable than ordinary drink-
ing water, it has a decided mineral taste. The water may be drunk ad libitum by some, but
invalids had better consult the resident physician, who will instruct them how much, and when to
drink of the water. The proprietor xpense, has piped water from a delightful spring to

the hotel, and guests who do not w :- ik the mineral water may drink of this cool, sparking

and pure mountain spring. Besides having hydrants at convenient distances in the Hotels
there are hydrants of this water on the lawn. It is also served at meals.

The two large enclosed bathing pools with cement floors are our most popular attrac-
tion. Both ladies' and gentlemen's pools have polite and efficient attendants in charge..." From.

Sweet_Chalybeate_Springs,_Main_Building,_State_Route_311,_Sweet_Chalybeate_(Alleghany_County,_Virginia).jpg

downsouthdiggers

Reaction score
to post a pic, save it to your computer then when you make a post down @ the bottom of the popup screen it says "File - Click here to upload!" so then you click that, find the pic, and click upload. also click embed picture in post. if you know how to e-mail pics, e-mail it to nsandersfamily@yahoo.com and I will upload it for you.

charlie6395

Reaction score
Hello thanks for the pic's my wife's parents actually own her grandparents old house on this site that was part of the resort.I am going to post a pic of the bottle with some help from someone on the site.But I would appreciate any other facts or pics...thanks Charlie

downsouthdiggers

Reaction score
Ok, I got the pics and will be posting as soon as I get to a computer (can't post from phone).

downsouthdiggers

Reaction score
Here are the pics of his bottle.

64F68933BF8B463280BC51F1F3FED0D5.jpg

Attachments

• 64F68933BF8B463280BC51F1F3FED0D5.jpg
    64F68933BF8B463280BC51F1F3FED0D5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 60

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics