Lobey's Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I was contacted by a friend of Lobey's family, who has his bottles. She said she has about one hundred bottles and would like to sell them. I'm not sure exactly what she has, but you know he had great bottles. I wish I could buy some, but I'm just not able to right now. It makes me really sad to think about his bottles being gone, and thinking that he is really gone, but I know there are some really good people and collectors here that will appreciate them. Please contact me if you are interested.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know, Laur. It's still hard to accept that Lobey's gone, but the Lobey collection remains with us.. ..man...

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yeah, it does. As he would say, it's only bottles! But it's what they represent that upsets me. Anyway, I told her to give me a contact email or something for anyone who is interested in buying a bottle.

madpaddla

Reaction score
Where was he from, I think it was either Springfield or Worcester? Either or its kinda close to me. I might be able to stop over if its close and tell em what they got. Take pics for the folks on the forum etc. Either or he is gonna be missed. RIP Lobes.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I was so tired last night, but I agreed to help. I did message his daughter, to see if she really wants them sold or not. Here is what this person wrote (she is in NYC):

I know you and a few other ppl are like antique bottle collectors. As everyone knew Richard had his own collection. However, his collection were pass down to me from his mom and they are just sitting in my living room as we speak.

I am not a collector, however I do appreciate the way the bottles look and their history behind it...

If you don't mind do you know of anyone in New York that might be interested in his entire collection. Honestly, I would like to sell the entire collection not bottle by bottle. I don't know if that's possible but im willing to try. I have over 100 antique bottles.

She did say she would be willing to sell them individually, I think. I think it would be nice if she offered us a couple bottles, but I'm just going to stay out of this from here on out. She gave me her email so interested people can contact her. I don't even know what he had except for what he posted and some other pics on FB.

glass man

Reaction score
Laur, since you are in contact with her, how about asking her to take pictures and post them on here. I'm sure they will sell a lot faster among his friends that they will somewhere else. I wish Jamie and I had the money to get some of them. I still can't believe he's gone. I keep going on his facebook page, hoping that I'll see a post from him. Guess I'm still in the denial phase. Let me know what you finds out.
Nina

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty