Looking for ideas for flask stand

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

potstone

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I’m looking for ideas for different types of stands the would hold tear drop shaped flask in the upright position while maintaining good stability. I have been brain storming and coming up with different designs, but I thought I would see if anybody has a design that works better than what I have come up with. I would prefer to keep the flask upright to minimize the amount of space it takes.
Any thoughts or photos of existing flask stands would be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg

Poison_Us

Reaction score
When I think of stands for bottles,( and if I had the area and equipment to do this, I would market these for all collectors ) is a stand that kind of resembles a small gun rack. Nice wood self, inclined with a area for the base and a recess in the upper support for the neck, velvet lined of course [;)], solid wood. Handles at each end for easy transport. To maximize space for flasks, they could be presented with an angle so they fit a little closer together. For a person who loves and misses working with wood (plus a mechanical designer) it's something I would love to do. But am not in a situation that can make such a vision a reality.

Base recesses and height of the support near the top made to fit different styles of bottles, from round bottom / torpedo to flasks and whiskeys. Most lines have a normal size range. Of course, if you have a huge collection, I would invest in large cabinets as some of our members here have done and they look wonderful. These would be for smaller or prized few collections. But with the design, they would be more stable than just sitting upright on a shelf. If I still had AutoCad still installed on my machine, I could whip up the design in a few hours. I do have Inventor installed still...I could come up with something.

potstone

Reaction score
Stephen, Thats a really good idea. I never considered a type of
rack or stand similar to a gun rack. This is why I wanted the thoughts of other collectors from this forum. Your idea opens
up a whole new avenue. I really appreciate you sharing your
idea. It really is a good one. I have something new to think about
now. Thank You, Greg

sandchip

Reaction score
I made one for my "Bininger's Traveler's Guide" before I sold it. I'll look around and see if I've still got it and post a pic.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter