Looks Fishy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blade

Reaction score
I thought I saw this same bottle sell on E-Bay before, I could be wrong. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-19th-century-Flask-Eagle-Cornucopia-Bottle-Antique-/290810968937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b5af3b69
Chris

epackage

Reaction score
YUP, that one has been 'sold' a few times, total scumbag of a seller. We all need to report it to Ebay so the pull the auction...

epackage

Reaction score
I contacted the high bidder and let him know and Ebay as well, the girl said they have received a few complaints about the flask, here's hoping they pull it again... Thanks for posting it blade...[;)]

bne74honda

Reaction score
So what's this pin-head do - sell and not ship it? Is he/she getting cash and reneging? Seems odd he could re-list if it sold and he shipped. Don't get it...

Brian

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
I contacted the seller and said " Nice try, but everyone is on to you".

The auction ended immediately. This exact bottle was indeed sold originally on ebay for over $13,000. it now resides in a well known collection of quality flasks. This was a couple of years ago. it is amazing how many of these fake listings are appearing as of late. Anyone with a zero feedback rating and a monster piece of glass should be a huge red flag. There is currently a dark olive Kelley's Old cabin that appears to be the same type of deal...I hope not though.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
What a shame it is that the people making the money and whose rep is on the line like ebay can't police themselves! This is such commonplace on so many sites it's ridiculous.
Good job protecting buyers from here but the truth in the matter is still... buyer beware! Do your own research.
I wonder if the art, ect. forums do the same thing? Roman and Greek fakes are rampant on the bay.
It just makes me wonder, how rampant is it?

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bne74honda

So what's this pin-head do - sell and not ship it? Is he/she getting cash and reneging? Seems odd he could re-list if it sold and he shipped. Don't get it...

Brian
ct

The person listing this item has never owned the bottle - he or she simply stole the images and is hoping that someone will be dumb enough to send them money for something they do not own. In their defense, there do appear to be lots of people dumb enough to do that.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4