Lot of twelve bottles...photos of the better ones...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey to all,
I took a ton of bottle pictures today and thought I show off some. This is a group, originally twelve, that I picked up for under $6 at auction. Some got tossed (recycling bin) because they were junk.

From left is a Ma's ACL Root beer (very common but in great shape). Next is a bell shaped, I call it, which sold me on this lot. I really wish this had been embossed. It's kinda the same as some forms known to Baltimore. Next is a VERY (not showing in this pic) red-amber squat, turn mold beer or ale with a sand pontil. Next is olive-amber Dyottville Glassworks Phila. (on bottom) three piece mold, whiskey cylinder. Next is good ol' light blue Bromo caffeine. Next is a clean and shiny, to include fat, utility or storage jar. Last is an unembossed, flask with a crude lip and neck.

Tr51025.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Nice bottles Meech. I would have given $6.00 for the red amber squat alone![:D] Kelley

medbottle

Reaction score
Way to go Meech! Nice bottles. I suspect your "bell" was a sauce of some kind...ketchup, catsup, oyster, who knows. Bargains like that are very scarce these days.

kastoo

Reaction score
I sure would like to see photos of what was tossed. I might have paid you for something.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the blueing type bottle embossed "Sawyer's Crystal Blueing." The one next to it, the fat one, I think is a pickle jar. I have one that I payed, oddly enough, $6 for. It has weak embossing on the bottom, a patent date of 1868 I think.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
kastoo - Some of the throw aways were also chipped and/or cracked. I tossed a 60s Pepsi, a badly damaged Rumfords and a screw top Bromo Seltzer, to name a few. Trust me, they were complete junk.

Kelley - Tandy - medbottle - Thanks...I'll try to gather you guys 20 years from now when I sell them[:D].

Oldtimer - KentOhio - I agree that the far right could have been a blueing bottle. Who knows? I kept it because it was undamaged and crude. The next one could have been a pickle. I have a couple of these now. One I had before this lot is much earlier and came from an earlier dig, but when compared side by side, it kinda looks like they were from the same mold...odd. They sort of resemble an early milk and they are heavy duty.

I finally dug for a while yesterday. Nothing worth posting pics of though. Lots of milks from DC. One qt., one pt., six half pts., a couple of sodas and a RR butter pat. All 1920s stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter