Louisiana collection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
mcdonaat, are there any particular styles or time periods you are seeking for your LA collection? Just curious

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Bass Assassin said:
mcdonaat, are there any particular styles or time periods you are seeking for your LA collection? Just curious
ACLs really, but I do know that a few bottles can't be found in anything BUT embossed. I try to avoid New Orleans as well, but any Coca-Cola embossed from smaller towns would be nice! Here's a list of my current cities that I have:Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bogalusa, Bunkie, Deridder, Eunice, Houma, Jennings, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Lockport, Many, Minden, Monroe, Monroe-Tallulah, Morgan City, Natchitoches, New Orleans, Ponchatoula, Raceland, Ruston, Shreveport, and West Monroe. I have Coke bottles from the first five, along with Monroe, Ruston, Natchitoches, New Orleans, and Bunkie.

squirtbob

Reaction score
mcdonaat said:
Hi, new to the forum! I'm collecting stuff from my own state, and although I have one bottle that has eluded me for a while, there are a few others I would love to have. I'm looking for a Dr Pepper bottle from either Glenmora or Alexandria, Louisiana, and a Coke bottle from Winnfield, LA. I'd give my arm AND some money for a Winnfield Coke, and the Alexandria Dr Pepper would be more of a sentimental item (my grandpa used to deliver for Dr Pepper here in Alexandria). Thanks! So far, I do have at least one bottle from the following:Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bogalusa, Bunkie, Eunice, Houma, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Lockport, Many, Monroe, New Orleans, Ponchatoula, Raceland, Ruston, Shreveport, and Tallulah. And it all started with one RC bottle, from Lake Charles, LA!
Louisiana is one of the deep south states that I have been unable to find a squirt bottle from. I think "Toms SC" is probably right about collecting from one state. In any event, I'd be curious to see if you do have a squirt from Louisiana and I'll keep my eye open for you for that special Dr Pepper you want when I'm bottle hunting.

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Squirt is found in the Mexican bottles here and there, and I do prefer it more than Mountain Dew... we have Mexican Squirt but I can't even find regular Squirt in cans or plastic bottles. I'm not seeking just Coca-Cola, but that's the one type of bottle I avoided until my collection grew enough. I did see a Tallulah Coke bottle online, and thought about buying it, but the shipping is what kills me!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I run across acl's here and there and i will keep you in mind. I've always left the acl cokes laying there

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Matter of fact, this 16oz hires is the only acl soda i have. No idea where it was made

Attachments

• 41f81953721e41b18b9459ed141ec127.jpg
    41f81953721e41b18b9459ed141ec127.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 109

mcdonaat

Reaction score
Bass Assassin said:
I run across acl's here and there and i will keep you in mind. I've always left the acl cokes laying there
ACL Cokes are something that, I think, will be worth something someday, when we marvel at the 64oz Coke bottles, compared to the bland 67-oz 2L Cokes. What surprises me on the ACL Cokes are that the bottles may, or may not, have the city on the bottom. Any other ACL bottles usually have the city somewhere on them.

Patsy

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum! I'm collecting stuff from my own state, and although I have one bottle that has eluded me for a while, there are a few others I would love to have. I'm looking for a Dr Pepper bottle from either Glenmora or Alexandria, Louisiana, and a Coke bottle from Winnfield, LA. I'd give my arm AND some money for a Winnfield Coke, and the Alexandria Dr Pepper would be more of a sentimental item (my grandpa used to deliver for Dr Pepper here in Alexandria). Thanks! So far, I do have at least one bottle from the following:Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bogalusa, Bunkie, Eunice, Houma, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Lockport, Many, Monroe, New Orleans, Ponchatoula, Raceland, Ruston, Shreveport, and Tallulah. And it all started with one RC bottle, from Lake Charles, LA!
I have a bottle that has ingraved on the bottle Vivian Bottling Works Vivian, LA and on the bottom of the bottle is a large V . Do you know anything about this? Patsy Lee

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583