Loveridge Wahoo Bitters bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mirja

Reaction score
I have been trying to find information about this bottle. It is embosed on two sides with E. Dexter Loveridge Wahoo Bitters. Around the top on the 4 sides are XXX , PatD, DWD & 1863 . there is nothing embosed on the bottom.
The bottle is 10 inches tall and in near mint condition.
I have searched the internet, but found next to nothing about it.

Thanks for you help!

Mirja

Yw69066.jpg

Attachments

• Yw69066.jpg
    Yw69066.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 72

diggerjeff

Reaction score
kovell's has it listed in 1999.

here is there web price page.
http://pages.kovels.com/55/InventoryPage/1099217/13.html

you will have to sign in with email adress and get a password.

they will not send you junk mail, and you get to use the price guide free a few times.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum mirja !
Your Bitters Bottle is listed in Ring & Hams Bitters Bottles as L 126 E.DEXTER LOVERIDGE / WAHOO BITTERS / motif eagle with arrow // E.DEXTER LOVERIDGE / WAHOO BITTERS // sp // s // DWD // PAT // XXX // 1863 //.
Court House Block Buffalo , N.Y.
10" x 2 3/4 " ( 7" )
Square , ARM , Applied mouth , 4 sp , Amber - Scarce ; Green , Apricot , Burgandy and Yellow olive - Very rare .
At least two different molds were used for this brand , birds have wing and arrow variations.
symbols
ARM = Applied ring mouth
// sp //= sunken panel
// s // = lettering on shoulder
/ = end of line of lettering
// = end on one side of bottle
It looks like you have a good one here ! This is my field of collecting and I would be interested in purchasing it from you if it would be for sale . Thanks and I hope the info helps ! Brian

mirja

Reaction score
What is something like this worth? I picked it up for about $5 at a rumage sale a few years ago and only recently thought to find out more about it.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I'd like to say congrats to Mirja on her recent sale of the Green Loveridge's Wahoo Bitters . She recently sold it to a well known California collector for a handsom price of $ 10,000.00 . Not a bad profit on a 5.00 rummage sale bottle !!!!! Congrats again Mirja and thank you for your offer of this great bottle to me also. Do all you forum members remember when Mirja made the posts on the forum about this bottle ? Why can't I get this lucky !!!!!! Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem