Lyons Glass Factory Lyons New York

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

forrest

Reaction score
Looking for some info on this factory or any one with any of there products that was made in this plant in New York I had a ginger beer bottle that was made there but not glass it was made of crockery type of material I dug it up along the Erie canal many years ago it drew allot of intrest back then and I finally sold it ! Any help with this would be appreciated!

forrest

Reaction score
Thanks Mathew I know it was before Clyde glass works so I'm thinking early 1800 s I'm from the area origanly Clyde and Lyons new York but rember as a youth talking to older collectors and this is what they told me and it might of been same company just one town up from Clyde or maybe when clyds plant burnt down any way both were located on the Erie canal and I found both there dumping areas were there plants were and found some very nice stuff back then

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Do you have a good picture or at least a better description? I'm thinking of Nathan Clark and the Athens pottery for something like that. Do you really want sellers remorse if it comes about? I'm still interested but if that's all you got.... [8|]

forrest

Reaction score
I was beginner digger 13 at the time i was fishing Erie canal and found what I believe was the dumping area for the factory lots of broken ones this bottle was light brown with I believe darker lettering that said ginger beer Lyons Glass Works on it And it was made of like crock material I'm sorry I never took picture of it now I'm retired and it sparked my interest after visiting a flea market here in Florida ! Any help would be appreciated

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Sorry, I got nothing,. There was a John Lyon ginger beer but from England.There were a few glass companies that also did pottery but usually under a different name. No glass companies in NY I know of were ever called Lyons Glass Works and I can't find one in any of my books. One book I have lists a James Lyon & Co. out of Pittsburgh PA that may have done both.

forrest

Reaction score
That's interesting I found a Lyons Glass Works or company but it wasn't in New York ! I'm going on a trip in July back there and will do some research thru the Lyons museum and hopefully poke around the old digging area all I rember was older gentlmen telling me it operated before the Clyde glass works and may of been very small company and may not of operated very long it's been so long it's hard to rember the facts. I appreciate all the effort from members and will keep any one informed of my findings if interested it would be special if I could at least find photo of it !

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I am back at this confusion. I will try to get to two New York men that will be able to help us. One is the President of the Rochester Bottle Club, and the other was into a special flavoring bottled product. After my kick in the chest H.A. my memory has holes in it. Especially with names - for some reason. RED Matthews

forrest

Reaction score
Oh no problem I believe I got it solved ! I sent out a reply but haveing problems with this site ! I will try to send you a personal message and go from there

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris