Mack Mineral Springs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
Continuing with the $12 box, here's a nice Mack Mineral Springs. It's another local bottle from St. Catharines, Ontario. It's machine made (the seam goes through the lip,) but looks like an early 1900s bottle. On the bottom, there's a large M.
What's this one worth?

Bottles R Us[;)]

Attachments

• 7FA5E6F144D74875B01E0CB82ECA62A3.jpg
    7FA5E6F144D74875B01E0CB82ECA62A3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 71

RED Matthews

Reaction score
What's this one worth?

Hi again Bottles R Us. If this is your only reason for collecting bottles - I can only feel sorry for you. We are not a PRICE GUIDE, and even if you buy one and find your bottle - it won't mean that is what you will get selling it.
I guess I am just sensitive about this questions priority. Oh well - good luck. RED M.

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
If this is your only reason for collecting bottles
I collect bottles because I like bottles, not for the money. I just like to know what my bottles are worth, so that I can take special care of the rare bottles (like I have any of those...[;)])
This forum may not be a price guide, but do any of you guys know where I could get a price guide? I've got lots of bottles I have to sell, and I'd like to know what they're worth so I don't sell a unique piece for a buck.

Bottles R Us

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
PS. RED Matthews, no offense but you really seem mad that I asked what it's worth. Is that wrong for this forum?
I know it seems like I think that value is the most important thing. Honestly I dont' care too much about value (although having a rare
bottle would be nice.) I just like having the bottles.

Bottles R Us... and they always will be!

mainedigger

Reaction score
confucious say, a bottle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

Bixel

Reaction score
Machine made Mack mineral springs pint, cool bottle to see, but very little value. Honestly, in that condition, might get 10 bucks at a flea market.... to bottle collectors, probably only worth about 5 bucks. I had that same bottle on my table in better condition for 10 dollars for about 3 years, and no takers. I finally sold it for 5 in a package deal.

LC

Reaction score
I would like to get a price guide covering embossed and acl crown top soda pops as I have many I would like to sell . Had the chance once but did not have the extra money to put out on one .Darn shame one can't find them in the public library .Once in a while knowing the value of a bottle would come in handy when wantng to sell . At least give you an idea of a bottles estimated value before trying to put a price on it . And of course what a book states does not mean you will get that out of a particular bottle either .

mctaggart67

Reaction score
There are no current and reliable price guides for Canadian bottles, except for stoneware primitives and transfer print ginger beers. I'm afraid that understanding values comes from years and years of experience by attending shows and club meetings, watching ebay sales, buying and selling yourself, and reading bottle collecting literature. I think we've all sold stuff too cheaply. By the same token, we've all made great scores on undervalued items. I can see Bottles R Us's point of view about not wanting to get burned, but Red does rightly bring attention to what appears to be Bottle R Us's emphasis on knowing values first and foremost. My advice to Bottles R Us is to be patient on the selling side initially, so you can learn first. There are plenty of Canadian (and American) collectors who are honest with rookies as regards values. Personally, I feel that you shouldn't take advantage of someone new to the hobby. Doing so is counterproductive in the long term. Burn 'em once and they find out -- and they also do -- good luck in building up trust so necessary for future dealings. More importantly, the hobby isn't about dominating others; it's about fellowship and enjoyment of the artifacts we collect, document and treasure.

2D1716E3C3714C65811B7E444B855BE3.jpg

Attachments

• 2D1716E3C3714C65811B7E444B855BE3.jpg
    2D1716E3C3714C65811B7E444B855BE3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 104

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem