Made it out digging today....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I made it out digging today for a couple hours. The temperatures have been pretty decent around here lately with a high around 47 degrees. I found a Coca Cola soda water from Wooster,Ohio but sadly she had a small chip. [:(] And then the whatisit as I like to call it. Any ideas what it is? It's about 7 inches tall maybe 2 inches across at it's widest point. The lip is really crude I tried to get a picture of it. I also think I might have made a boo boo. I was cleaning it up with some steel wool and the bottom had some crusty junk on the bottom and I HOPE it was rust and not and iron pontil because I rubbed it all off. I seriously doubt it was an iron pontil though??? [8|]

Sq46991.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46991.jpg
    Sq46991.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Looks like a decanter from a condiment set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lovely-4-piece-cut-glass-condiment-set-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ7378401283QQcategoryZ1216QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a link to a bit fancier cut-glass one but I think you get the idea.

kastoo

Reaction score
You should have kept the chipped coke sodawater ifit was all intact cept for that. I'd keep it...I have a few SS like tht here in fact and they display great on the good side. I love that front one that some sy looks like a perfume! It ha that Cathedral look! Love to find that!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the replies I was also thinking perfume or some kind of decanter. I need to find a brush small enough to get the dirt out.

Kastoo- I did keep the coke I just didn't have it cleaned up to take a pic. It is a pretty good sized chip, about the size of a quarter on the heel of the bottle. The milk bottles are:

Cedar Point on Lake Erie 1/2 pint

Leo Rhodes Townline Dairy from Kent, O 1 pint

M.G. Abreu Dairy from Waipahu,Oahu

Thanks again for the replies!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Wayne,
I actually picked this one up on ebay I paid about $50.00 for it. I asked a buddy of mine about it and he said it's worth just a little more than what I paid for it. I didn't intend to pay that much for it but I got into a bidding war at the end of the auction with another guy, you know how that goes.... [&:]

madman

Reaction score
hey db looks early to me is it pontiled?? those hutches are cool too!! very nice finds mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese