making a living

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
brian, ralph sounds like a good guy he gave me that appearance the only time i ever met him louisville show i watched his progress through the mags and auctions back in the eighties but lost touch thats what i luv about this game u not only collect bottles over the years u collect friends!! whosyer daddy!!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
whoyerdaddy ,
Ralph is a great guy ! He has helped me in the identification of some Western pieces as well as some Tennessee pieces. He is GOOD for the hobby ! He has done a lot for Bottle collecting and he has a vast knowlege of early glass .... and best of all..... he's always eager to help someone ( newbie or advanced collectors ) with qusetions they might have .
Brian

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WHOS..I concur with BRIAN...Ralph has always treated me square and fair. The guy has a memory like a steel trap.

My brain is about maxed out...LOL.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
anyways...back to the topic...Making a Living:
I knew a guy that quit his job just to sell at shows and flea markets. (Brian probably knows him too). He had a great collection of Tenn. bottles and other interesting finds he had dug over the years. Civil War relics, arrowheads, stoneware...
Was always managing to ferret out some obscure/scarce bottle one had never seen before.
Last I heard he was about cleaned out....hard to replace such things overnight...
He was about the best "hustler" I ever met...could sell you something you didn't even want...LOL...I think he chose the wrong avocation.

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
WHISKEYMAN i remember a quote by charlie gardner right after he sold his huge collection someone asked him what he was gonna do now?? charlie always had a quick wit to him he said "i might get into bottles, i hear theres money in it" lol i heard it said one time "if u sell uer best bottle u might as well collect something else" whosyer !!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Imagine what $$$ the Gardner Collection would fetch today...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Charlie , The Gardner Collection on the Auction Block today ...... It would be ASTRONOMICAL PRICES !!!!!
There are some Huge and Important Collections out there still today. And I often wonder what it would do to the Bottle market if several of them went to public auction at the same time .
Brian

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
BRIAN, maybe we could get the price of an indian queen back down to 35 bucks?? lol whosyer !!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen