Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

MARBLES ARE GLASS TOO

RED Matthews

Aug 2, 2008
Sarasota FL & Burdett NY
Well I enjoyed reading all of you marble postings. When I was about 14 to 16, I had jugs of marbles that I won around our temporary home in Rochester. I still have some. I have a little wooden box of stone marbles, that are really old, they were my Grandfathers, when he was a boy. I have been to two marble factories when I was traveling the world visiting glass houses. I have also been to the Corning Drop Tower in Corning NY. One of the factories was was in Illinois - up near Streator IL. Another was in France. Interesting thread, I will have to check out that "MARBLE CONNECTION". Thanks, RED Matthews

athometoo

Sep 25, 2008
THANK YOU PEOPLE FOR ALL YOUR HELP ON THIS . IM GOING TO GET THE OTHER BAG OUT AND START RESEARCH THOSE AS WELL . ITS A SHAME TO BE IGNORANT AND NOT KNOW WHAT YA HAVE . SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS THE BOTTLE YOU DREAM OF DOESNT REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF IT . WITH LUCK SOMEDAY THE TWO OF YOU WILL MEET .

athometoo

Sep 25, 2008
OK CALL ME STUPID BUT WHAT IS A MIB STAND FOR ? CHECKED OUT MARBLE CONNECTION ONLINE . THEY DONT SEEM TO E AS FUN AND FRIENDLY AS THE BOTTLE FOLKS . IM GETTING TO THE URGE GO DIGGIN . MODERN DAY TREASURE HUNTING . I ALSO GOT MY METAL DETECTOR UP AND RUNNING . ANYBODY IN THE DALLAS / FT WWORTH AREA UP FOR DIGGIN AND DETECTING . USING MSN SAT PHOTOS FOR PROSPECTS .

whitefeather

Nov 3, 2008
Really fun stuff I love to play with the marbles in a round[:D] about way. My Grandson likes them too I made him a leather pouch for them. Very nice.

Whitefeather

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puppehbreath