marks on bottles??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunflower1702

Reaction score
Found an old Coca-cola bottle, we found out it is called a hobbleskirt bottle.We found the patent # but where can I find information about the symbols on the front of the bottle?? Looked on ebay most like I have are going for $30 but haven't find any for NY which is where my is from. Thanks for your help.

cc6pack

Reaction score
sun,

There are 5 different types of the hobbleskirt, (1) 1915, (2) 1923, (3) Pat. D (yours), (4)6 oz. (5) 6 1/2 oz.

The Pat. D bottle was manufactured between 1938-1951. There is a date code on the side of the bottle on one of the ribs, there is a one or two digit number, a makers symbol, then a two digit number. This is the date bottle was made. If you give me the makers symbol I can look it up and tell who made it. Please be aware on some of the bottles the date code is the first set of numbers, but on yours I beleive it is the second set. I know this is confusing but it is the cross that Coke collectors bear LOL. After you get use to the numbering system it's not as confusing.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
CC...welcome to the Forum...
Glad ta see ya made it .

cc6pack

Reaction score
Thanks Whis, I got to missing the posting at the bay and came looking for you. LOL[8|] Suprise found Brenda too. This place has really changed from when I first took a look. Nice to see all the knowledgeable folks around here.

I'm setting up at the Rome, Ga. show next week any chance you can make it?

BARQS19

Reaction score
Also the town it's from matters a lot. I've had 1915 and even straight sided cokes that were't worth more than $10 because thousands had been made in that area, then I've had $500 1915 cokes such as Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.
Robert
BARQS19

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960