Maryland 1/2 gal jug?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Big Ralph

Reaction score
I need some help with this jug. I picked it up a few years ago and can't find anything about it. Part of the problem is, I can't really make out the name on it. In script it looks like it says the following: DRURY & I J A M S, Groceries, GAY & HIGH ST, BALTIMORE, MD. It stands about 7 3/8 inches tall and I would say holds about a half gallon. The top is a little differant also, with an extra ridge below the top. I tried to take a good pic of it hope you can make it out. Any help on the age, company name, and value would be great.

Thanks
Big Ralph

jug1.jpg

jug2.jpg

jug4.jpg

jug3.jpg

Just Dig it

Reaction score
that jugs amazing,,,but what is the deal with that flintlock...be bop a loo laaa wow!...what an amazing gun is that all sterling inlay?

surfaceone

Reaction score
jug1.jpg

Hey Big Ralph,

An easy, though non-archival, method of putting up pictures, is if you change the to [IMG] in those little brackety guys at the front and end of the IMG Code on bucket-o-photos.

Thats a fabulous jug! Is there a back story that goes with it? I didn't find anything on my initial search, but I'm not sure I have the firm name right.

[IMG]http://www.pioneertown.com/newcards/cisco_2.jpg

Big Ralph

Reaction score
Just Dig It:
Yeah that is a super gun. Not sterling inlays---German silver used back then. I don't know how I got those posted here. I am not much on these here computers. Know just enough to get me in trouble. Thanks for the info on the store in question.

Surfaceone:
Thanks for the info on how to post pics. I will try that next time.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
800 silver is still nice..beautiful gun...i want a nice gentlemans flintlock pistol someday ...thought i had a nice pistol once but it was a cast iron cap gun...

Kilgore1890-1910
gunshow002.jpg

.Once again NICE scratch jug

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR