May dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Well its being awhile coming but not having to worry about a mother, I got out digging.

Hope you all had a happy Mama's Day.

I went to Campbellford Dump, did about 4 hours, 10-2, cool, but nice digging weather.

I ran across some big insulators, too bad they were broken, about 6" diameter, dated 1890, nice deep green.

Also ran into a milk bottle graveyard, luckily some were buried alive, got 2 Port Hope City Dairy, pint & quart, 2 Cambellford Rutherford, pints, got 2 nice cobolt poisons, couple of clear ribbed poisons, 3 meds, a Mother Graves Worm Exterminator and a Dr. McTavishes Tobbaco Remedy, a Drey Perfect Seal.

Also dug 2 crocks sans handles, 2 big amber druggists bottles, nicr shape but only got room for so much,
a Horsemans Codd Stopper/ sans the top half. I left this bunch for the tree rats & snakes.

Things are still looking good there, and hey' its great exercise digging all that ash, and its so nice to not have to worry about humanity for awhile.

And the difference 9 days makes to vegetation....wow.

This was on May 1st

A0CEB51EA68E4CE6965FACEE6450F4F2.jpg

Attachments

• A0CEB51EA68E4CE6965FACEE6450F4F2.jpg
    A0CEB51EA68E4CE6965FACEE6450F4F2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 57

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hey Canadian Boy, glad the ice has finally thawed up there so you can dig ;) One of the insulator guys on here can probably identify those insulators, I can't ID them from the pix. I'd like to see a pic of that worm bottle. Maybe you're still posting, so I'll be patient

Nice dig!

canada

Reaction score
Hello;
Glad you were able to get to get a few decent bottles from the Campbellford dump. I was there a couple years ago. Searing heat & billions of mosquitos.. Found a few common meds, a couple plain case gins & a rusty 1919 Ontario licsence plate, which helps date the dump. Shame about all the broken Horsemans ginger beers & Codds, looks like they were smashed to prevent re-use.

Good luck;

Dave
Ottawa

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Thanks for looking guys,

Bram, the worm bottle is embossed on the sides, I'll try to get a pic posted in the next couple of days.

Canada,

Codd's were smashed to get the marble, and I've got a couple of whole ginger beers out. And the Toronto guys got over 200 in one weekend.

I dug the Havelock dump for a couple of years, got some really nice stuff out of there, but its starting to get harder.

I go to Campbellford because its close, and I always seem to find some goodies.

Dave

THE BADGER

Reaction score
nice digs dave,always love watching guys over in england pulling codds and gingers and other real nice stuff from dumps,this is first time i've seen those from canada.nice pics,keep em coming and good luck bro. THE BADGER

deenodean

Reaction score
Hey downeastdigger..here is a little info on the Worm bottle. page 20 par 3.

journals.hil.unb.ca/index.php/MCR/article/download/17163/18438.

My buddy Chucky just bought one, no one here ever heard of it here. I'll post a pic when I get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85