maybe rare?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scotiavoyager

Reaction score
this ginger beer bottle was drug from the bottom of the bay of fundy and dumped in a heap along with 2 ton's of rock with out a scracth ..quite something i think anyway i have been told this is a rare bottle anyone ever see one or know about?.thanks steve.

Vt56563.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Vt56563.jpg
    Vt56563.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 89

scotiavoyager

Reaction score
thank you lobeycat for the reply made my day i'm new too the site and have been having a hell of a time uploading pics but i think i have it i'll post a few more of my fav bottle see what u think thanks again steve

DOLANBADGER

Reaction score
Hello Scotiavoyager
Nice DOLAN bottle.I need about 5 more to finish my DOLANS collection. Your bottle is not rare ,but still great.Those are inside thread quarts fairly common in this neck of the woods,the inside thread pints are rare.How tall is yours? The PRE-DATES are rare .See my last two posts in prized possessions for DOLANS pictures. Thanks [:)]

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Were you guys fishing for scallops when the bottle was found? Or were you dredging?
I only wish we could get these beautiful crock around here.

Cheers

Thierry

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi ,
If this is a more common bottle ...... The bottle is in call backs. The higher price may be fueled by a bidding war ! A little more research on other auction ( public , ebay , ect. ) end prices may help with a good average on a value for your bottle.
Brian

scotiavoyager

Reaction score
RE: maybe rare? redbrass_ca

thanks for the reply's yes i was scallop dragging when i found this bottle i was roughly 4-5 miles off the st john harbour at the time.. i have been scalloping now for 20 years and i have quite a few bottles iv'e found over the years i started when i was 12 with my dad and i would ask him too tie the boat up in the longest string of boats when we were done for the week and check all the other draggers for bottles...lol.after awhile the other fisherman got to know me and save them for me seeing they usaully threw rocks at them for sport. this is mostly how i got my collections not digging but dragging...imagine all the old bottles in the mouths of the harbours around!

redbrass_ca

Reaction score
Dear Steve

You and I are both living in the same province. My bottle collection was gathered by scuba diving mostly. Many of my dive were conducted in Halifax harbour and approaches. Halifax is very silty in places and is still hidding numerous beautiful old bottles. Diving in the harbour is tough! Cold water, currents, boat traffic, poor visibility and many other problems. However it is the price to pay to find nice old stuff. I am curious to know if the drag get the odd random bottle or do you think you get caught in parts of old shipwrecks. Do you guys get china ( dishes and cups) in the drag. What are the typical man made stuff that you see come up to the surface. Eventhough people have been littering everywhere in the ocean you would think bottle would get scarce once you get further from anchorages. I love to hear more about your finds

All the best

Thierry

scotiavoyager

Reaction score
i had wench trouble one summer and after we had it fixed i went out to the mouth of yarmouth harbour 20 to 40 feet of water made a 5 min tow too try the wench i had 6 old bottles thierry and 17 lobster the water is very clear there i would think it would be a exellent place for diving if you ever wanted to come down i could take you out on my boat and you could dive down and have a look i'm usaully fishing out of yarmouth between july and august of course i'm staying on the boat i know what's down there me scared i'll stay on top of it.......lol steve

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960