McKee & Co. Insulator on Flea Bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
What's the deal with the toothpick holder? Was it dug? Looks like the insulator is a good one!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Joe,

Your insulator seems to be taking off nicely. Good luck.

I wonder why you think the Amber Indian piece to be a tooth pick holder? I would imagine a match holder first. Perhaps as part of a smoking set. I think it sounds "sexier" if nothing else, and would probably appeal to a more hard core collector group. And I bet'cha that was it's use.

9.jpg

mr2real

Reaction score
Lexdigger, It wasn't dug. I've looked for a couple of years and I can't find a decent location to dig. Every time the shovel hits ground here an arrowhead pops out. There should be some good areas because Batesville was founded in 1810 and there was a lot of importing from St. Louis. Most of the areas that would be promising are covered with concrete, asphalt, or buildings.

Surfaceone, I think your right. I don't know why I settled on toothpick, lol. Sounds kind of feminine for the subject matter. I added match to the item's title. I'm thinking about killing the auction because it doesn't look to promising and I really like the item.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday