Me and that KU-10 the last word did I do right

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
To me one of the best things would be killer local bottles, this is possible in places like Baltimore or wherever those skulls are made but not everywhere I guess.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Hmmmmm? Did I say something offensive?

The point I was trying to make was that, just because an item brings a certain amount at an auction, doesn't mean it would have went as cheap if you were to have bid on it.

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
In my HUMBLE opinion

I think if you were looking for something and found it for a price you could affordand Bought it with a "smile" on your face. You not only did right but also garnered the aquisition of something that you and also atlleast one other person thought was worth that price or even more.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
I agree totally Zane.[;)] It is whatever makes the person doing the deal happy. Not anybody else. We all have different tastes. Kelley

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
None taken lobycat. Give me a while and I will post them tomorrow. Now in turn don't be offended. See Spencer this is a bottle snob. I warned about them a while ago never let them discourage you. These are the type of people who will will spend thousands on a bottle and feel smug and superior. It's glass knuckleheads and only glass. Oh yea it's the color. Well I got that too. I could say "Who the hell would want a bottle that unless ya 2 ft. away ya couldn't tell if it said cure or compound, blood or bitters. Thats the reason these people got to mark em so you read them and feel smug" Another thing does anyone who feels this way what connection do they have with Bitters or a Cure they've never tasted or tried one nor their father nor most probly their granfather. You can bet your ass on one thing grandpa poped a top of pop. One last thing the crowntops I got ran between 1895 and 1910 slightly older than myself. No offence right?

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Ok I'll rant too. None to be offended. A collection of anything is cool I think x-cept them beannie things. Hell a couple of years ago Paula and myself went to the National Electric Fan Collectors Meet. It was twenty miles from the house. Had 30 or so people from all over the nation meeting in a shed in Aiken S.C.. Electric fan collecting,who would have thought? OK now to the crown tops. Here in the deep,deep South old glass is rare. Sure you find some ,but not to the degree as our Northen counterparts. The reason being we did not have the glass houses. Simple. And our towns were far apart.We did have lots of potteries hence Edgefield and Dave the Slave. Plenty of others in North Carolina and Georgia. And of course it is Hell Hot here in the summer time for some liquid refreshment. So now what sodas are coming from the South? We got Dr. Pepper from Texas, Coke from Georgia,Pepsi from North Carolina and Mt. Dew from Tenn.. So it is easy for us in the South to have a connection with sodas particully crown tops. Yes we do have the Blob John Ryan From Savannah and those high dollar Eagles from Charleston and a few bitters from said towns. But everyone has drank a soda. The color factor we got that covered too. Rarity got that covered again. See that B&W bottle? Find one. Find One with the dot in the B. Desireability. Like Packard "Ask the man who owns one". Or ask one who collects them. And lastly you can read these and know what they are from 20 ft. away without useing a crayon on them.

8E575A15C7B441788BE4B025F1C8DC9A.jpg

Attachments

• 8E575A15C7B441788BE4B025F1C8DC9A.jpg
    8E575A15C7B441788BE4B025F1C8DC9A.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 64

LC

Reaction score
Dag Gone, those look great to me! I guess I am going to have to get a bunch of mine displayed again. And of course, I will make sure that Lobey will not be able to cross three lanes of traffic in order to slam into them !!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Darn shame it timed out little lobey! I would have enjoyed reading the eloquent one![;)]

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26