MEADOWS' MALTED MILK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Found a large interesting jar yesterday at a yard sale. I am strictly a fruit jar collector but couldn't pass this one up. It is clear glass with thousands of tiny seed bubbles, thick ground lip, 10.25" tall and 5.00" wide, rounded-square shape and about as heavy as a red brick. It is strongly embossed vertically with block letters on one side MEADOWS' MALTED MILK (two lines). Appears to have an unmarked cup-mold base. A regular size lugged zinc fruit jar lid screws onto the jar perfectly (a newer zinc jar lid does not screw on as easily as the lugged lid). The jar holds just slightly less than one gallon of liquid. It was actually refreshing to see a glass jar with malted milk embossing that didn't begin with "Horlick's". I can't post a pic right at the moment but will try to get one up soon. Can't find a lick of info on this one. Any thoughts?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Meadows' was the Elgin Milkine Co Elgin Ill product for a short time between 1897-03, I think the last two years.There was a lawsuit against them by Horlick's for use of "malted milk" but was later dropped it seamed. Borden bought Elgin in '03. Borden also used "Meadow Brand". It's a little lot confusing but info is out there.Since it does have a Horlick connection you should give it to me. It sounds like that distresses you a little.[:)][attachment=Clipboard01.jpg]

Attachments

• AF5BBD00D7F14A43A528F6448AE538BA.jpg
    AF5BBD00D7F14A43A528F6448AE538BA.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 83

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4