Need help with Mason jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

latresa17

Reaction score
I'm new here, and a novice. My dad used to collect, but this one he found cleaning out the old shed. He can't even remember where it came from. I can't figure out what the symbol is. I etched it to make it a little clearer. Gonna see if I can post the images. The lid is Atlas, but it may not be the original lid. It's zinc with the milk glass inside. Its an odd shape and size. Between quart and half gallon. IMG_20211022_133844.jpg

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I'm new here, and a novice. My dad used to collect, but this one he found cleaning out the old shed. He can't even remember where it came from. I can't figure out what the symbol is. I etched it to make it a little clearer. Gonna see if I can post the images. The lid is Atlas, but it may not be the original lid. It's zinc with the milk glass inside. Its an odd shape and size. Between quart and half gallon.View attachment 231232
Look at page 374 of this link i sent. Your jar is pictured there. Hope this helps. The 1859 patent date is mason's patent and was embossed on many jars long after 1859.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

• Giles-CloughGlass.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
SWAYZEE GLASS MANUFACTURING COMPANY
Page 374 (the images of the monogram on jar and the one on the Swayzee crate) the author states that Swayzee glass had used a similar monogram but was not exactly the same as the monogram used by Safety Glass Co. Just looked different than the one on the crate. I am often wrong but always try to correct myself. Thanks Epackage!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

latresa17

Reaction score
Look at page 374 of this link i sent. Your jar is pictured there. Hope this helps. The 1859 patent date is mason's patent and was embossed on many jars long after 1859.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Page 374 (the images of the monogram on jar and the one on the Swayzee crate) the author states that Swayzee glass had used a similar monogram but was not exactly the same as the monogram used by Safety Glass Co. Just looked different than the one on the crate. I am often wrong but always try to correct myself. Thanks Epackage!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64.
Wow! Yes, that helped a lot. Thanks for finding the pic and info! Exactly what I was wanting to know. Thanks again, RobbyBobby! and epackage, too!

Last edited:

latresa17

Reaction score
Wow! Yes, that helped a lot. Thanks for finding the pic and info! Exactly what I was wanting to know. Thanks again, RobbyBobby! and epackage, too!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen