Medicine Bottle Maybe?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I recently got a box full of antique bottles, I know very little about them other than from what I've learned over the past couple of days since I've had them. I've found out most of their history, except for a small, inch maybe inch and a half tall, light grey color, round bottle. It has a what looks like a pontil stamp on the bottom with a cursive capitol letter L inside of it. Then again, it just might be the circle intentionally put there instead of a pontil. It has seams on each side and they go all the way to the end past the lip, but it is a cork top. Can anyone help me find out the date or maybe what it was used for? Sadly, no picture, no camera available. :/

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Ariel,

Welcome to the place where a lovely box of bottles is a must. If you could put up some pictures, you know we'd like that, and you're liable to get some helpful feedback.

From your description, it does not sound as if it is pontiled. Here's possibly some relevant information on your base marking: "L (in cursive script)..........Libbey Glass, Inc., Toledo, OH (1888-to date). Seen frequently on the bases of various tableware items, especially tumblers and other drinking glasses. Mark (plain or within a circle) first used in 1955, according to the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office listing, although the "cursive L" mark, if placed inside a 3-segmented circle, may date back to 1937." From.

arnold-eve-marilyn-monroe-2107410.jpg

Reaction score
Hello, I appreciate any information I can get. I've always been around antique bottles, but I never looked into them with any interest until I got that lovely box. So I'm a complete newcomer, open to all & any info and was slightly afraid I might not know what I'm talking about. & Thank you again, for the information! & Just found batteries, so here's a picture! The quality isn't very good, (out of date camera) but better then nothin'... hopefully haha.

5B30AC33310F44C7912B542C9A8BF8CA.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem