medicine bottle-real?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i had this bottle for about 12 years, i believe it was purchased in frederick md. i'm not sure if this was an original bottle or some one had it made? it's 5 3/8" tall, 1 3/4" across base, 1 1/4" deep. the bottom is embossed with what look's like knoxal, and the #3. the bottle is just so clean? any help with this would be greatly appreciated. thanks rhona

Zx71959.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71959.jpg
    Zx71959.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 68

madman

Reaction score
hey rona its real, im gona say late thirties is when they started the painted labels,i may be wrong but i think its original mike nice bottle!!!!

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna, sure that bottle has value, im sure there are collectors who collect this type of bottle, i think its a cool bottle, and id keep it in my collection mike

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RHONA...not many of those ACL pharmacy bottles were made and few survived...They don't last too well in dumps.
There's only one drugstore ACL variant known from each of 3 of my local towns. Perhaps they didn't catch on..
Years ago a fellow in W.VA was collecting those and paying anywhere from $5-10 each for nice examples.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
They are typically of local interest so it would have more value if you could research where it is from. I live in Frederick and collect local bottles but that one doesnt sound familar to me.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, whiskeyman & guntherhess, thanks for looking and the information. started checking 1930 census, but that' going to take some time. thanks again, rhona

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
How bout 1930 in Loraine Town TEXAS? thats the only Dr. Thomas a. Martin I saw.......but WHO knows? could be a local guy that came along later, most people that collect local stuff want the town name on it anyway but thats still a nice bottle ( I like his hours!) and you got the name on it and that guy might have family out there lookin fer his stuff.....

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Hey its real i found one over here with a local docs info and phone numbers on it in a 40s-50s dump. I thought it was pretty cool. Oh yeah and I thought it was really funny because it said "please return this bottle" on it LOL guess they forgot or somethin

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen