Medicine Bottles Full

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
One problem I see is there are paper covered and sealed containers there.
They would probably be worth more intact. Cleaning them out would likely require destroying the packaging to some extent.
You can ask the DEA, who is the finial word on this type of stuff, if it is legal to sell a 100 year old bottle with these types of contents. I expect they are going to simply say no.
In that case clean them out as carefully as possible and sell them empty. They will still be worth a significant amount as long as the labels are intact.

One thing I would recommend is the items should be presented as a collection even if the containers are sold separately. There are a lot of fake narco bottles out there and buyers are always sceptical. Its much easier demonstrating that your items are original when that group is shown.

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
I figured it wouldn't be much different the calling up the DEA and telling them you found a big ol bag of coke and smack. They might do nothing (well, they are a federal agency so getting them to do much.....) but if they did, I doubt they'ld let you keep the bag you found it in. I suppose they might just tell you to flush it, but that hardly seems "professional" (but then again, federal agency). I'm with Charlie, flush it first and ask questions later.

RedGinger

Reaction score
What a cool find! How was the safe found? I agree with most responses to just flush it. You don't want to get into any trouble. If keeping them for your own collection, I'd just leave them as is. In either case, be sure to take lots of pictures first. It's a shame to have to tamper with collectibles, but unfortunately that's the stupid way it is.

tmascheck

Reaction score
well I have nt done anything with the bottles. I really want to sell the bottles since I am not a collector of bottles. I actually will use the money to collect antique toy tractors and items of this nature. Any help on buyers they can email me..

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Just clean the drugs out of them and put the lot on ebay.. you will be able to buy a real tractor! [:)]

Digswithstick

Reaction score
If it was me i would tranfer contents to seperate sealed and code labled containers and put contents back in another safe ,or just flush them .Be very carefull not to damage bottles or labels ,then either consign them to an antique bottle auction dealer or put them on e-bay with a link posted here so if anyone is interested they can bid .
m16.gif

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers