Medicine bottles with no embossing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It's funny how stuff changes over time. My folks had MANY fairly plain or common bottles stored. We all dug them out of the various attics this last winter, and had a mammoth barn sale over the 4th. Old canning jars, the vast majority of them common, kept selling... and selling... and selling... I'd left many in the attic because you didn't used to be able to get anything for them. I had to keep going back and digging more out. It seems now that people are doing craft projects using the old canning jars, particularly the deeper aqua ones. Don't get me wrong, we weren't getting rich on them, getting maybe $.50 to $1 apiece for them, but hell they were selling... Jim G

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I went to my mom's work party--dragged to-- where they had a few different canning jars 1/3rd full of water, cranberries, and a tealight candle. The one lady was so excited to have the idea come to life. They're good for a number of displays. My Church's younger Sunday School class had kids paint some canning jars that were embossed, for Mother's Day. Some turned out really nicely.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
My wife took a few I dug up. Some old Ball Mason and an old Atlas Mason. Painted the inside with acrylic paint and placed silk flowers in them. I was impressed how good they looked. This is a good way to re-purpose items that would otherwise be put into an attic.

botlguy

Reaction score
bottlerocket said:
Thanks Jim,Did he comment on a possible year?
I did ask him that specific question and he does not know which does not surprise me, he has never been into that phase of collecting. I suspect, from the picture, that it dates from the 1930s - 40s and that some online research could confirm or deny that. If I'm not mistaken they added England to the jars at a certain period and if that's true one can pin the date down closer. Sorry I can't be of more help. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen