MELLIN'S INFANT FOOD jar info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hoosier49er

Reaction score
I picked this up at a garage sale REAL cheap. I can't find my Red Book. Can someone please tell me what the RB# is and value please? It is 5" tall, tooled lip, somewhere between aqua and apple green in color, nothing on bottom, and says "MELLIN'S INFANT'S FOOD DOLIBER-GOODALE Co. BOSTON" on front, and "SMALL SIZE" on back. Looks like it took a cork or wax seal.

I have a more recent pint size version as well. It just says "MELLINS" on the front and back, and took a screw on lid, with a smooth top in aqua. Here's apic of the older jar:

Thanks in advance,

7D27E732766F42DBB4A5E6CCFCAAE62C.jpg

Attachments

• 7D27E732766F42DBB4A5E6CCFCAAE62C.jpg
    7D27E732766F42DBB4A5E6CCFCAAE62C.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 135

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello
The mellins were food bottles. Came in three sizes or more. I have seen them with a glass lid or corked. Selling to the right person....around $15. But you have both the older version , including the company name(almost a blob top) and the smaller version. Both make it more desirable. It is a common bottle but one that I was always happy to dig. I held on to quite a few over the years. Hope this helps.
Madpaddla

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The mellins were food bottles
That's why it's not in RB, they were more of a bottle. RB includes some product jars ie Horlicks and WA-NE-TA but they were intended for or commonly used for canning when the product was gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday