Memphis, TN National Show - Planning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dean

Reaction score
I'll be there with 3 other Arkansas collectors. I will have several Arkansas druggist bottles to trade or sell. Looking forwards to meeting some more of the forum members.

Have a great show,

Dean

appliedlips

Reaction score
Hope to run into a few of you this weekend, should be a great show.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Take some photos guys! I had planned on trying to go but my work schedule interupted my plans. I thought about taking vacation but on short notice i'm just not able to. Have a great show all! [:)]

All the best,
~Tim

celerycola

Reaction score
I just drove 800 miles after working yesterday and I'm 100 miles from Memphis. Look forward to seeing everybody there.

pikewaynepabottles

Reaction score
I got my table # ... it is H-5 set up between John Wolf & Jim Jack ! Show starts in 1/2 hour ! I already got 3 new cures , which are size & color variants of ones I have , but they were brought for me so it wasn't a suprise . I hope I find some bottles for my birthday ! Ed

LC

Reaction score
quote:

I have a question for those of you who have done a bottle National before. The set up rules are not like anything I have ever seen before in 37 years of selling at shows. We can unload boxes of bottles into the show room between 8 AM and 12 Noon on Saturday but not put any merchandise on the tables. Do they enforce this?
Then at noon the show room is cleared until 1:00 PM "for final show preparation". What are they doing during this time?
Then at 1:00 PM dealers are re-admitted to the show room to finish setting up their booths and at 1:15 early admissions are admitted. This all seems bizarre to me. It takes me at least 2 hours to unpack my merchandise and arrange it on the tables.
I have told my wife and daughter they can set up the beer glass and advertising displays and showcases and take money from customers while I unpack bottles and throw them on the tables. I'm just asking how this works for you who have seen it before. Thanks.

I used to do the Springfield Antique show up till a few years ago . Their rule was that after you were admitted to your spot on Thursday afternoon , you were not allowed to set up till Friday morning , the first day of the show . It was their logic that it kept dealers from making deals with other dealers before the crowd had a chance to see it first . While you were trying to set up early Friday morning , they would let the early crowd in. They would be all over you and you still did not have half your merchandise on your tables , lost a lot of sale because of that stupidity . Finally the last couple of years , I went ahead and set up late Thursday evening and then would cover it up for the next morning . No one ever did say anything to me for doing it . I finally quit that show when they kept raising the cost of the spots almost every year . The year after I quit , they raised the spots from 85 to 100 dollars , couldn't justify the cost anymore .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause