Memphis, TN National Show - Planning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
WISH I COULD GO! THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY BOTTLE COLLECTING DAZE WAS GETTING TO GO TO THE EXPO SHOW IN NASHVILLE TN. IN 1996.MAN TOOK MY TWO DAYS TO GET AROUND TO SEEING EVERY THING...MADE SOME GREAT BUYS AND TOOK IN SOME CURES TO SELL .[DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS NOW..NOT SURE I WAS SUPPOSED TO THEN!]

FOUND A CURE COLLECTOR THAT WAS DEALING THERE AND WAS BY HIMSELF SO COULD NOT LEAVE HIS TABLE..SOLD ALL TO HIM.

MET SO MANY COLLECTORS FROM ALL OVER...SOME I ONLY KNEW FROM THE BOTTLE MAG. OR BY CORRESPONDANCE.

IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

SO IF ANY ONE CAN GO DO!!!

PLUS THERE IS GRACELAND IF YOU LIKE ELVIS AND BEALE STREET IF YOU LOVE THE BLUES ..LIKE I DO! JAMIE

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: div2roty

Got my show contract today. Table fees for FOHBC members is just $45. for 8' table. I'm going to get 4 tables. That is so cheap compared to the Sports Collectors National where it costs me $1200. for a 10'x15' booth. For that amount of money I could get 27 eight foot tables at the bottle national.

Yeah, bottle dealers have it so easy. The biggest comic book shows cost around a grand for a 10 by 10 booth. I've set up at the balt comic con (probab 2nd tier show) for $550. I've also done small comic and bb card shows and they are usually $100-150 for a 6 foot table.

And high end indoor antique shows cost a small fortune.

Ding, ding, ding! Try a week in NYC. We need to take out a second mortgage. I LOVE Bottle Shows!!!!!

acls

Reaction score
I will be there with a table full of painted label sodas. This will be the first bottle show that I have ever bought a table. I'm excited!

Does anyone know how deep the tables are (8 feet by ?).

peejrey

Reaction score
Getting really Excited about the show, dose anyone know how many booths there will be?

jays emporium

Reaction score
Are the ABN members going to get together at any time during the show? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person. I have a 4 table booth if some of you want to meet there at a certain time.
Jay

celerycola

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I'll be there from Saturday morning to close Sunday.
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

Are the ABN members going to get together at any time during the show?  I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person.  I have a 4 table booth if some of you want to meet there at a certain time.
Jay

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

Sounds good to me. I'll be there from Saturday morning to close Sunday.
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

Are the ABN members going to get together at any time during the show? I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person. I have a 4 table booth if some of you want to meet there at a certain time.
Jay

I'll be there as well.

bostaurus

Reaction score
Does anyone know the hours on Sunday? I leave Baton Rouge Sunday morning with my daughter. We will be driving to Memphis to stay with my brother. I would love to be able to leave Louisiana early enough to make the show.

jays emporium

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who have done a bottle National before. The set up rules are not like anything I have ever seen before in 37 years of selling at shows. We can unload boxes of bottles into the show room between 8 AM and 12 Noon on Saturday but not put any merchandise on the tables. Do they enforce this?
Then at noon the show room is cleared until 1:00 PM "for final show preparation". What are they doing during this time?
Then at 1:00 PM dealers are re-admitted to the show room to finish setting up their booths and at 1:15 early admissions are admitted. This all seems bizarre to me. It takes me at least 2 hours to unpack my merchandise and arrange it on the tables.
I have told my wife and daughter they can set up the beer glass and advertising displays and showcases and take money from customers while I unpack bottles and throw them on the tables. I'm just asking how this works for you who have seen it before. Thanks.
Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause