Memphis, TN National Show - Planning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kungfufighter

Reaction score
They do enforce those rules Jay. You will have a captive audience watching you unpack - I actually think I sell better if folks shop while I am unpacking rather than having them show up after I am set up...

Looking forward to meeting folks!

div2roty

Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who have done a bottle National before. The set up rules are not like anything I have ever seen before in 37 years of selling at shows. We can unload boxes of bottles into the show room between 8 AM and 12 Noon on Saturday but not put any merchandise on the tables. Do they enforce this?
Then at noon the show room is cleared until 1:00 PM "for final show preparation". What are they doing during this time?
Then at 1:00 PM dealers are re-admitted to the show room to finish setting up their booths and at 1:15 early admissions are admitted. This all seems bizarre to me. It takes me at least 2 hours to unpack my merchandise and arrange it on the tables.
I have told my wife and daughter they can set up the beer glass and advertising displays and showcases and take money from customers while I unpack bottles and throw them on the tables. I'm just asking how this works for you who have seen it before. Thanks.
Jay

Haha, its interesting, as Jeff stated they do enforce that. Although somehow you can have bottles in showcases as long as the showcases are covered by a cloth or something, and then you just need to uncover the case. I, however, did not do that. I put my girlfriend in charge of the stoneware and I did the bottles. I had one table of bottles and one of pottery and adv. (I believe I took 6 saltglaze pieces decorated with birds and sold 5 of them at the FOHBC show I did, and I took about 12-14 pcs total.)

Jay, what field are you in at Brimfield? A few of those fields do the same thing. One fires a gun when they let in the customers to let the dealers know they can start unpacking.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Matt, that's a good idea about going to lunch. The girls are already saying there's too much bottle activity on this trip. I remind them it is the National BOTTLE Show. We are stopping in Loiusiana to buy a bottle collection and some antique malls around Jackson, Ms. on the way to Memphis. I told them they don't have to stay at the show all day Sunday but on Sat I'll need help.
For Brimfield, we are shopping only on this trip after Labor Day. We will be setting up at the Warrenton-Roundtop antique show later in Sept for the first time ever. That is the Texas Brimfield, 11 day show.
Jay

texasdigger

Reaction score
I am trying to pull out all the stops to make it to this show. I have planned to go since I found out about it, but with to young kids, the busy part of my year it may not happen. I just know there will be some Texas meds there, and I have not added a new one to my collection in so long it is going to make me sick if I don't make it. My fingers are crossed, and I am not ruling out a mind melting drive down go to show drive home type of weekend! It will be ruff, but I do not know if I will be able to keep from doing it!

Brad

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
You are correct Jays emporium....everyone leaves the salesfloor for an hour and then you start unpacking like crazy while folks are waiting to see what you have!! LOL. I attended last year and will be attending and setting up this year as well. Hope to meet some more folks from the forum. I'll bring my camera and take some shots too.

pikewaynepabottles

Reaction score
I'll be setup at show with Jim Jack .. not sure of table #'s , but we have 3 tables. I look forward to meeting lots of forum members ! Ed Nikles aka edndlm & pikewaynepabottles !

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pikewaynepabottles

I'll be setup at show with Jim Jack .. not sure of table #'s , but we have 3 tables. I look forward to meeting lots of forum members ! Ed Nikles aka edndlm & pikewaynepabottles !
There are few people I know better than Jim, he has turned me on to many nice Paterson bottles....Jim[;)]

peejrey

Reaction score
Wish I could go, just decided to go antique shopping with my father this weekend....
I'm on Hwy 100, feel free to stop by anyone, be glad to meet any of my fellow collectors.[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause