Milk Bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
Today a guy came into our car dealership and brought me some milk bottles which I don't collect alot of but I liked these ones becasue they are from neighboring towns. The 3 bottles are from the same farm but I cannot find alot of info on the farm my brother said it was owned by Mr. Hoover who has a vaccum cleaner plant in N. Canton, Ohio but at one time had a farm and these 3 bottles are from that farm. So take a lookie and if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it! Oh yea I need to find a dump soon and stop buying all these bottles [:D]

5D6C4E2CAF9F4BFFB7F7DB747CE69014.jpg

Attachments

• 5D6C4E2CAF9F4BFFB7F7DB747CE69014.jpg
    5D6C4E2CAF9F4BFFB7F7DB747CE69014.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 60

towhead

Reaction score
Sure do like the Milk Bottles. Those small town dairys are hard to find info on!

capsoda

Reaction score
Great score Alex. Sure wish someone would come along and dump a bunch of neat bottles on me.

Poheja...[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] that is a keeper for sure.

YoungDiggerAlex

Reaction score
I put the 2 smaller bottles on ebay and nobody has bid yet and Im thinking they are not worth that much. The one thing I don't understand is that the Golden Guernsey bottle is at $2.00 but another guy has a similar bottle and his is at $24.99 becasue the only difference is his has a town and state name where mine has neither? Im a little confused.

towhead

Reaction score
In my experience, that is what people are after, the City and State[8|]

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Alex,
I don't know about the others but the Poheja seems to book for an odd price, $14-18. I've noticed the better bottles are listed that way for some reason. It might be a good one. I live south of you and would like to see better pictures of the other milks also if I can.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Alex,
Here is a bit more info for you. I think you have three good bottles, too.
You might consider contacting Gwen Johnson (in the article) to see if they have any of the bottles. That will give you an idea how hard they are to come by, if they don't have them.
Bill

The North Canton Heritage Society will hold its annual Christmas Home Tour on Saturday, Dec. 9 from 1 to 5 p.m.
The tour will feature the former Hoover Lodge, now part of Fieldcrest of North Canton on 55th Street, as well as the homes of Neil and Betty Spencer and Steve and Cindy Risaliti. The North Canton Heritage Society, housed in the former North Canton High School built in 1929, will also be open. Refreshments will be served. Items for holiday giving will be for sale.
The Lodge’s grand reception area as well as the dining room will be dressed in holiday greenery. Tour-goers may also take a peek at the stainless steel kitchen. Considered state-of-the-art when it was installed, the kitchen still wins rave reviews from caterers, according to Assistant Events Coordinator Sue Wernet. Events coordinator is Patti Sedon.
The log lodge, built at PoHeJa Farm in 1925 for Herbert W. Hoover Sr., is reminiscent of rustic Western lodges. PoHeJa is a contraction of the names of Hoover’s children – Polly, Herbert Jr., James and Jane. The acreage was a bucolic getaway, hobby farm and dairy for the senior Hoover.
Gwen Johnson, Fieldcrest historian, will talk about the Lodge and its furnishings, including the
wool tartan carpet in the reception area, which the Hoovers imported from Scotland 81 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles