Mineral Water Repro

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ajb_bottle_man

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if they made a copy of the buffolo lithian mineral water, 1/2 gallon blue, green applied mouth, you know the one...the woman sitting down...If not i found a really good deal on one.It goes for three-hundred & thirty six bucks in Kovels 13th. Someone please let me know. thanks AJB central ill.......

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Kovels is usually off. If it's a nice dark green or teal it may go for that but most are still just aqua and worth about $20±. A different shade of aqua doesn't really count. I've seen labelled not get $50. There were nice light teals that still aren't worth what Kovels report and I don't think there is anything resembling an emerald or forrest green that would justify over $300 bucks. To answer the first part though, no repros I've heard of.

capsoda

Reaction score
The only repos I know of have the woman standing and are light blue and quart size but Eric is right about Kovel's. They kinda shoot high.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
There is an amber repo made in Italy back in late 1960's or early 70's...methinks a dark green was also made...
Seams give them away: early Owens machine seams..."extra seam" around the neck below the mouth...and side and top of mouth seams don't line up...are offset 90 degrees...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28