Found an ultra sonic cleaner...want to get started :)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggychic

Reaction score
So we purchased a commercial building that used to house a dentist. He retired and left everything in his office (need a used dental chair or spit sink?) [:)] While stuffing the space with boxes the other day I poked around and found a patterson ultrasonic cleaner with solution (vibrakleenE) sitting on the counter. SCORE (I think). They run around six hundred bucks, which I'd been too cheap to put out for so I wrapped the puppy up and brought it home.

Ummm now what to do? LOL It does not have a heater, but does offer a full power and a low power option. I have three bottles in it now on low, but honestly, I don't even know if this is the type of solution to use? I don't mind a test run, but before I put the better bottles in it I thought I'd ask what ya'll suggest?

I have over a thousand bottles to clean from a cystern clear out. After doing maybe a dozen by hand, and pricing having them done...they've all sat in their filthy state in the cellar waiting for me to buy a dental office I guess....

Any hints gladly taken!!!!

epackage

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing your before and after pics

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I wouldn't put any cracked bottles in it or you may end up with bottle parts.
It may do ok for removing dirt/mineral deposits.
It wont help at all for devitrified (sick/hazy) bottles.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter