mini Horlick's jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shawnd11

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about these? They are 3 1/4" tall. Redbook mentions half pints but I assume these can't be them.

FBA3472D9AEF4A9CB7EB7F7EB93655AF.jpg

Attachments

• FBA3472D9AEF4A9CB7EB7F7EB93655AF.jpg
    FBA3472D9AEF4A9CB7EB7F7EB93655AF.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 80

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Shawn, Those had tablets in them that you would put in your milk and make it taste like malted milk. They were pocket {lunch}size so kids could carry them to school and put in their lunch milk bottle.

With out the lid the way most are found they are worth about $3. With the plain lid $7 to $10. With the lid stamped Horlicks $20.

The sizes range form the size you have to 5 gallon.

Silvertop

Reaction score
What would the pint size run with the lids? We have one of them and are trying to get a price for it.
Thanks.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Phyllis, Welcome to the forum. The pint Horlick's with the lid stamped Horlick's will go for around $40. Most of the value is in the lid.

If the lid is not stamped Horlick's it is not the proper lid and the jar is worth $5.

JGUIS

Reaction score
I dug one of these awhile back in the 1/2 pint size, didn't think it was worth anything. but, for some reason I kept it.[;)]

Silvertop

Reaction score
Thanks, Capsoda. I will have to look but I do believe it is stamped on the lid. I'm doing this research for my cousin who loves digging up bottles but has no ideas what they are worth. She does it for the joy of it. I need to find someone in the area (trustworthy) that can tell me if she has anything of value. She must have about 200 bottles, maybe more. I'm in Robertsdale, AL, if you know of someone that I can work with. Again thanks for your help and I will be posting more questions on other bottles in the next couple of days.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Phyllis, Sounds like you cousin is a true bottle digger. I'm in Seminole and would be glad to help. I can email you my PH # if you like.

Does your cousin dig in the local area. I have never dug in Baldwin co. but I figured there had to be some good digs somewhere.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey warren, I remember not being able to remember where my sister lived in AL (from the NE bottle show). It was Eutaw, is that near you. My nephew still goes down there a couple times a year. It doesn't help me any but I thought it was interesting. Eh, maybe not.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide