Mississippi bottles - bitters, cordial, cure, medicine, tonic

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wega1126

Reaction score
Looking for Mississippi bottles - bitters, cordials, cures, medicine, tonics, etc. NOT INTERESTED IN SODAs.

EXTREMELY interested in any Natchez, MS bottles.

As you dig, shop, or surf the web, PLEASE keep me in mind.

Thanks to all!

Cassie Strickland - [:D]
Natchez, Mississippi

old digger

Reaction score
Cordial are liqueurs that are usually drank at the end of a meal, consist of pure alcohol or cognac plus flavors from fruits,herbs,flowers,or roots, like Creme de Menthe that contains mint. A cordial may also be a medicinak drink.Some of the older bottles are high priced.

old digger

Reaction score
I need a spell check tonight, it's late and I'm sorta tired , the word should be medicinal, sorry!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Ok thanks for letting me know, I just never bothered to look it up. Before Edward Barq became famous for his rootbeer he was in New Orleans in 1897 with his brother, and it was called Barq's Brothers Cordials. That probably means I have no chance of ever finding one of these bottles because it probably took a paper label. I was hoping this might have been some sort of mineral water that came in a Hutch. bottle. But you never know, I've found older stuff with paper labels on them.

old digger

Reaction score
Barq- I would not give up, I have no ideal how the one your looking for would be labled, only that they are found in all sizes and colors,open pontil, pocket flask, long neck, good luck with your search, I'll keep you in mind as I search through books and such.Like you say things turn up in strange places, and most of us have some pretty old paper labled bottles and wounder how they survived.

old digger

Reaction score
Cassie, if you can make the Vicksburg show you stand a good chance of finding some Natchez bottles. We've been several times, they have a good show and most come with good Ms. bottles. Look up a preacher named John, he and a preacher friend of his used to make the Vicksburg show with really good Ms. bottles. We're from Corinth,have a few Ms. bottles in our collection but as yet we only collect.

BARQS19

Reaction score
Cassie, have you ever spoke with someone in McHenry, MS before? He has a nice collection of just about everything. Let me know what in particular you are looking for and I'll ask him if he's got it. Last time I was at his house I remember him talking about some McHenry medicine bottles he had just dug up.

carobran

Reaction score
im gonna go out on a limb here and hope you see this..............do you know if the Mchenry collector has any Kosciusko bottles or other Miss. bottles hed like to sell?[:)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Branden,

Before you upend the forum for your amusement, you might try e-mailing the gentleman in question. I see that he has not signed in here for over a year.

The archives of A-BN are wonderful. You might actually learn something by reading thrrough them, but your wholesale bumping up of these somnolent posts is causing a disturbance in the force...

Are you having problems with impulse control?

Impulse-Control.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson