Mistake Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

chosi

Reaction score
I too have a bottle with an upside-down slug plate.

Wouldn't somebody at the glass house have noticed that kind of mistake before they cranked out a gross of them?
I wonder if when you ordered a gross of bottles, it wasn't too unusual to find one or two of them had an upside-down slug-plate stamp.

Has anybody seen a bottle with a crooked slug-plate stamp, i.e. a round slug plate that was skewed by somewhere more than 0 and less than 180 degrees? I can't remember ever seeing one. Did glass houses have some mechanism to prevent that from happening?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I have a couple whose slugplates seem slightly skewed, but it's hard to tell if they were made that way or not..

Far as upside down ones go, it was probably something that was not addressed at the glass house until the end of the day.. I bet lots of gaffers and mold boys couldn't even read.. anyway it was their quota on the line, they got paid by the bottle.. there was little incentive to deactivate a mold and make the correction once they got it going..

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlekid76

Mysterious Pain Ease

Supposed to read... A Scotch Remedy

Scoth = v. To clothe or cover up

000_8384.jpg

Kinda cool mistake [8D]
Isn't that what it actually did? Just cover up the pain of the injury and not cure anything?

As for the upside down that was a dispenser bottle. Well, I have know idea really but there were bottles made that way sometimes.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Well it seems to have different meanings but I got it from here...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Scoth

and also here...

http://www.webster-dictionary.net/definition/Scoth

~Tim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
How 'bout thisun'
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scoth

"A sloth like and lazy creature that lurks beneath the shadows. When not preying on children this creature can be seen on various surfaces moving with slothlike movements. This name is derived from a combination of Scott and sloth"[/align]

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
Here's a picture of a Groves tasteless chill tonic in which the word "prepared" is spelled "prerared". Not worth much but since I dug this up..made it special to me.

B3E380FAB5B74AAE9A276BE29812D8E0.jpg

Attachments

• B3E380FAB5B74AAE9A276BE29812D8E0.jpg
    B3E380FAB5B74AAE9A276BE29812D8E0.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member