monster horlicks jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey all pulled this out of the ground today.couldnt belive it was in one piece. this looks like the smaller one except under Racine-Wis-U.S.A. it says Slough.Bucks.Eng. the jar is 11 in. tall and 6 in. across. was woundering if yall might have and ideal of value . the jar has a little pink or purple hue to it . thanks for looken an for any help yall might be able to give . good luck diggen. bill

Ay75772.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75772.jpg
    Ay75772.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 63

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey all heres another pic of two more horlicks i dug up with the big one today.thanks agian and good luck diggen bill.

Pn36164.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36164.jpg
    Pn36164.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 62

madpaddla

Reaction score
Dollarbill:

Very nice dig. The size is enourmous, never seen one that big. Hell Ponderosa Horlick...almost need a wide angle lens. How carefully did you dig that one? No idea on value, just amazed in the glass and its nice that its dug.
Madpaddla

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Bill, Glen is right about what they book for, $35 and up and what they actually sell for but I did see one with out a lid sell for $40 at a local flea market. I've never seen a large size with a lid.

It's a good find either way in my book. [:)]

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey Humabdos an madpaddla thanks for the reply . i see theres one for sale on the net right now for $16.00 but it has london, eng. on it . the glass is really thick mad . i took my time and i kept say let it be in one piece let it be in one piece . an it was heehee.the thing about lids when there dug there allmost allways missing or rusted away.an as luck would have it i dug two smaller ones today to so ive got me a horlicks collection going uh . i have dug one other the lunch time one .thank yall for your replys agian and good luck diggen. bill

madman

Reaction score
hey dollar, ive found a few of those over the years, that one is big! but there is a giant one like 3 gallons or somthing ?? heres a few ive dug mike

Jh15712.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mike, thouse 3 gallon Horlick's were used in malt and soda shops to make their malted milk drinks.

Never aquired a taste for malted milk.[:'(]

madman

Reaction score
hey cap seen alot of those big uns in the shops for like 40.00 and there still there, but this aint no bottle town at all! even though it was once the glass ctiy of the world with owens and libbey, yea malted milk yuk!! mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday