Montreal CODD bottle added to the collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nostalgia

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my latest addition, got it 2 days ago in a trade and almost lost sleep over it as I thought he would change his mind!

Marked "The property of / The Dominion Soda water Co. Ltd. / Trade Mark / Registered / Montreal"

It made my week!!!

FCDAFEA639AD4AA7A3111D2528E02B0E.jpg

Attachments

• FCDAFEA639AD4AA7A3111D2528E02B0E.jpg
    FCDAFEA639AD4AA7A3111D2528E02B0E.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 63

luckiest

Reaction score
Nice bottle, are there other codds from Montreal? I remember digging a broken one that could have been that, but I kind of remember it saying Universal bottle works or maybe union?

canada

Reaction score
Hello Frederic;
That's a nice bottle. Have wanted one ever since I dug 2 broken ones in a farm dump. They had probably been smashed by kids for the marbles.

Dave

nostalgia

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: luckiest

Nice bottle, are there other codds from Montreal? I remember digging a broken one that could have been that, but I kind of remember it saying Universal bottle works or maybe union?

I own 4 different Codds from Montreal including this one.

One says "T. Burdett / agent / Montreal" It's not the bottler's name but rather a bottle dealer that supplied Codd bottles in Montreal.

The two other ones have smashed tops and were found here in Ottawa, one is "La Reina" and the other "London Mineral Water Company". All of them are marked "Montreal".

These are the only ones I have and I'm working on a trade to get another one from Montreal; don't remember the name but I've never heard or seen anything about it....

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Frederic,

Great trade, as per usual! Wonderful foto, too. Not being too well versed in Codds Patents, I did a little lookin around, and think it may be the Nuttall 'Patent.' Any further embossing?

ATChambers10oz.gif
ATChambers10ozTop.gif
From.

What do you think? I'd like to see the others.

Clara_Bow.gif

nostalgia

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Frederic,

Great trade, as per usual! Wonderful foto, too. Not being too well versed in Codds Patents, I did a little lookin around, and think it may be the Nuttall 'Patent.' Any further embossing?
It is indeed embossed "NUTTALL & Co Ltd / makers / St Helens / England" on the back near the base...

Will take pictures of the others this week-end as it is way too dark tonight!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology