More on HELP PLEASE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bobclay

Reaction score
Hello all,

A friend of mine is in ebay "Voices" and will be going to ebay live very soon. He will get to address several of the ebay "Powers That Be" with problems we are incurring. I have sent him the following letter which is a possible solution to the dilemma of private auction misuse and reproductions being so rampant on ebay and in almost any category. I can only hope the ebay people listen...and act.

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help voice an issue of great concern. Perhaps the best practical idea I've heard so far is having a warning screen pop up like does when listing in certain categories. ie coins, political items, Nazi items and many more. A feature ebay already has in place; a policy which all bottle and jar categories should also be under. That may take care of some of the private auction misuse and selling reproductions. Especially if ebay implements and will enforce a "three strike and you're out" policy of misusing the private auction feature.

And I'd like to see ebay's policies on reproduction items more clearly defined and in one place, so it is more accessible to people who want to know the facts, who wish to report an item listed incorrectly.

I am aware ebay has many problem areas to deal with. But the issue of private auction misuse to simply hide behind and reproductions can be dealt with by (1) a warning page when listing (2) clear and easily accessible information policies regarding reproductions and (3) implementation and enforcement of a "3 strike and you're out" rule regarding the listing of reproductions incorrectly.

Thank you for the opportunity to voice an opinion for the betterment of our hobby (jars) and ebay as well.

Sincerely,

Bob Clay

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR