More ravine pics 2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
We think this dump is a village dump,even though its a good 2 miles from the village.
This is kind of odd,usually small village dumps are in or on the edge of the populated areas.
It may very well have started life as a farm dump and just grown from there.Its also quite possible that the land was much lower (maybe as much as 25')and was filled in over the years,what leads me to believe this is there are a number of large cedar trees in a line across the side of the ravine.
I have found when locating dumps that ravines along road sides contain a vast storehouse of dump items.
And for you new diggers just getting into the field (or dump) the best way to find a dump when going down a road is to think of places you would dump things fast an unseen,then check those places out and 3 out of 4 times you'll find a dump.
And not just country roads but major highways.

I have found dumps even along super highways!!!
I'll try to impart a little of my knowledge from time to time,DaveJ.

Wu59916.jpg

Attachments

• Wu59916.jpg
    Wu59916.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 68

143Tallboy

Reaction score
I'm interested, but then again I was there when we dug all this stuff up so I've already seen it all. They look good cleaned up. I've still got boxes full that are waiting to be cleaned [:D]

Snakeboy

cb0023

Reaction score
hi, please keep posting your pics and stories. it great to see what other people are finding out there. your pics make me wamt to get off my A@# and get out there and dig..

bigkitty53

Reaction score
NICE FINDS, Dave and Tall/Snakeboy!
I'd say you have a dump I wouldn't finding![:D](OOOH-To find something that big on DRY LAND![8D]-UN-dug,of course![:)])

KAT

wootten

Reaction score
where can I find these dumps?
my husband has found his old bottles while hunting
he has found some buy old houses that are falling down
is there a special something here that we should know about
help a lady out here-wendy

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Wendy,thanks for the post,
as for finding dumps just follow the hints I put in my posts.Travel all the backroads in your area(I've traveled most of the backroads within a 60 mile area of my home,at least twice),get topographical maps of the area,both new and as old as you can find,they made some really old ones of colonization roads.
Compare the new ones to the older ones,find roads that have being closed,a great place for dumping was at the end of Dead-end roads.Check out the local library,& city hall records.
Look for ravines,dried up ponds,creeks,river beds,old farmsteads,privies,ghost towns.
Get yourself a probe,if you have the money buy a metal detector.
It also helps if you are a history buff
Us old guys get a little longgggg winded sometimes,but Hey! this is a great hobby.
And it does'nt have to cost much money,just remember to......DIG,DIG,DIG....
and post your finds here.This site is a wealth of digging knowledge.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75