Most valuable acl soda bottle in your area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JBC

Reaction score
Wonder what makes the Mickey from Pittsfield so valuable? Always wondered the value I got one couple years ago.Is there any VT or NH rare acls Im new to acls. Also wondered about the 28 oz green orange crush that I found not acl though.Thanks

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
JBC

Welcome to the forum

Worthpoint is a website that list millions of past eBay sales. When I use the search words 'Soda Bottle' it pulls up 316,948 related results. But of those 316,948 results, it only pulls up one Mickey acl soda bottle from Pittsfield, Massachusetts. This translates into extreme rarity. And when you add high demand to an extremely rare soda bottle, you get a high value. I am only aware of about three Mickey acls, although there are no doubt others. But if there are others, I'm confident they demand the same high value.

Mickey ACL Pittsfield Massachusetts.jpg

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Value is determined by supply and demand-- demand over supply, really.

An incredibly rare bottle may got for 10 bucks when just a scarce one goes for 150 bucks.

Many things affect this:
Subject matter (a dog v. a battle ship v. a famous baseball player-- which would you want? [I'd want ship,]) graphics (any? Just words?,) colours (1 colour? 2? 3? Hell, 4?,) errors, companies, locations (Towns that no longer exist? Alaskan/Hawaiian territory?,) names (yours? Abe Lincoln's?,) and-- of course-- condition are some.

I may not want to give $5 for a bottle someone will give $500 for.

Also, where you are determines value too-- hence why I think that this thread is "in your area."

A Muskegon or Michigan Maid ACL won't go for much in Australia. Just another American bottle, however hard to find it is (but pink ACLs with maids on them are cool, I guess.)

These two are rare locals:
Muskegon%u00252BCollection%u00252B030.JPG

They also exist in paper label-- incredibly rare.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
My subscription to WorthPoint ends tomorrow, so if anyone has a particular bottle they want me to check the sold-for price on, please let me know A.S.A.P.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Bob, could you please look up these two? Thanx.
fruit bowl bottle.jpgtwin 8.jpg
1. Fruit Bowl Sturgis Mi 7 oz
2. Twin 8 Detroit Mi 16 oz 1959

hemihampton

Reaction score
I just dug a Fruit bowl (bottom half of one) last Saturday in Detroit. Wonder what the Detroit Version is worth? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
NewmansRubbedNeck2.jpgExpositionCloseUp3.jpg
My subscription to WorthPoint ends tomorrow, so if anyone has a particular bottle they want me to check the sold-for price on, please let me know A.S.A.P.

BOB, Not a ACL Soda but could you look up my 1860's Newmans Golden Fruit Bitters & a Schmitts bottle from Delray Michigan. Exposition from Delray. THANKS, LEON.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

There was only one Fruit Bowl bottle on WorthPoint that was from Sturgis, Michigan but it was part of a lot of three. Fruit Bowl was a national brand that was bottled in numerous towns and states. In excellent condition they average about $10.00 each.

Here's the lot of three that sold in 2012 for $15.00
I believe the Sturgis bottle is the one on the left ...

Fruit Bowl Bottles One Sturgis All 2014 $15.jpg

There was only one Twin 8 Bottle that sold in 2014 for $15.00

Twin 8 Bottle Detroit 2014 $15.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Leon

I could not find a Newman's Golden Fruit Bitters bottle but I did find one ...

Exposition Brewing bottle from Delray, Michigan
Sold in 2013 for $235.50

Exposition Brewing Delray Mich 2013 $235.50.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26