Most valuable acl soda bottle in your area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I think the rarest of rare Michigan bottles might be Circus Beverages. Listed as VR in the Sweeney bible. Bottled in Mt. Clemens by the Nesbitt of CA Bottling Co. It's brother to Deacon Jones, same place, company.
Now, I have a Bink's Beverages bottle from Escanaba, MI that I can't even find a listing for. Does that make it uber rare or just small time?
circus bot front.jpgcircus bot back.jpgDeaconJonesBeverages.jpg

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
ACLbottles, thank you for the phot of the Coubtry Music bottle. I will keep my eyes open for one. However, I am willing to bet those bottles stayed in the Church Point area, about 200 miles to the south of me.

iggyworf

Reaction score
MCglass, those are excellent bottles. I will keep my eyes peeled for those. Thanx for posting. We are not to far from each other. I live just south of Mt Clemens.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well from Western Canada,... Calgary Alberta to be exact I would have to say The Solo.....this was mainly a Montreal, Quebec brand but was franchised across Canada.
This particular example was bottled by Alberta Beverages Limited, Calgary Alta.....and I still can't find any info or other bottles from that company! The main company went out of business during WW II and the bottles were bought by Trinidad bottler Joseph Charles (not his native name), he didn't want to pay the extra cost to have the bottles repainted so he left them as they were and the brand was reborn! albeit in another country....it's still available to this day.
The bottle I'm quite positive is dated 1937...which makes it one of the earliest ACL's that I know of for Canada....as for price, I've never been able to nail that down but have seen them as high as $300 all the way to $30 range for poorer condition. I lucked out and snagged mine for $40
Solo, and Canada dry diet 003.jpgSolo & Felix 1.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Bob you are the owner of a Louisiana Big Chief bottle but I don't remember which city bottled yours.

I'm enjoying all of the new pictures - I took the day off yesterday to go see my new grandson who was born Tuesday and is named Matthew. But I'm a little jealous because he's only 48 hours old and already has more hair than I do.

Hey, Bass

I have the Big Chief bottle you mentioned. Its the variation with the orange-peel texture from Monroe & Tallulah, Louisiana. Its in near-mint condition but unfortunately is not for sale. I have about 20 Big Chiefs and will probably hold on to them because of all the acl bottles, the Big Chief's are my favorites.

Big Chief Bottle Monroe-Tallulah Louisiana.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
MCglass

Do you have a picture of your "Bink's Beverages" bottle? I have seen tid-bits of information about the brand that indicate it was produced between about 1921 and WWII when it was discontinued and the bottler became a Coca Cola franchise bottler.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The three main things I'm hoping to achieve with this thread are ...

1. To single out some the rarest, most sought after, and most valuable acl bottles from various locales around the country.

2. And then after singling out some specific bottles, to try and establish exactly what collectors are paying for those bottles.

3. But most of all, to provide members enough information about certain acl bottles so they will be able to make a nice profit in the event they ever come across a rare acl bottle that's priced low and then resale at a much higher price.

However, the odds of finding one of these so called "sleeper" bottles at a bottle show is probably pretty slim. Most club members who participate in those shows usually have a good idea of a bottle's true value no matter where its from. So that leaves antique shops, antique shows, and similar places where you will most likely have the best chance of finding a "sleeper" bottle.

So to help move things along, I've decided to purchase a subscription with WorthPoint, which most of you know is a website that list past eBay sales. But I need to buy a subscription in order to see the "sold for" prices. The site currently list 317,346 soda bottle related items, so I should be able to find a good sampling of rare acls and what they sold for in recent years. I'm going to start with the "Country Music" bottle from Church Poite, Louisiana and see if I can determine a possible true value for the bottle in today's market. In the meantime, please keep those other rare acls coming and we'll see if we can't make some sense of the entire current market.

Last edited:

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

The Sweeney ACL book is great for general information and pictures, but because it was last published in 2002, it really doesn't reflect the current market.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.