Most valuable acl soda bottle in your area

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
Thank You Bob! I didn't think they were big sellers, but glad you checked them out.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Even though we have seen a lot of valuable ACL soda bottles, the majority of them may not appeal to all collectors due to one reason or another such the region it came from or possibly because the graphics are not to their liking. However, if I were to recommend two bottles that I think all ACL collectors would be interested in having, they would be ...

Dr. Pepper Candy Stripe Bottle

This bottle is rare and hard to find, but it consistently sells between about $750.00 on the low end to as much as $2,000.00 on the high end. If you ever come across one in excellent condition I highly recommend buying it as an investment bottle that is sure to increase in value over time. And if you find a "sleeper" that's priced under $750.00, buy it and head for the bank!

Dr Pepper Candy Stripe Bottle.jpg

Next up is this ...

Mountain Dew Barney and Ally Clear Glass Bottle

This bottle is rare and hard to find, but it consistently sells between about $500.00 on the low end to as much as $1,500.00 on the high end. If you ever come across one in excellent condition I highly recommend buying it as an investment bottle that is sure to increase in value over time. And if you find a "sleeper" that's priced under $500.00, buy it and head for the bank!

(The green glass Barney and Ally bottle is popular too and usually sell in the $150.00 price range).

Here's an interesting link about the Barney and Ally bottle ...

http://www.mountaindewbottleclub.com/html/by-barney-and-ally-c0.html

Mountain Dew Barney and Ally Clear Glass Bottle.jpg

Last edited:

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I got this email earlier today ...

Dear Robert:

We are sorry to see you go! WorthPoint has successfully cancelled your monthly membership.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact WorthPoint’s Customer Support at 877-481-5750

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again! Feel free to visit WorthPoint for new products, services and updates! If you decide to come back, you can simply log in to your WorthPoint account using your email address, go to “Account Settings” and click re-subscribe.

Kind Regards,

The WorthPoint Team
(877) 481-5750

iggyworf

Reaction score
Thanx Bob for taking the $$ to sign up for that site and find all of us that great info on ACL's.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Your Welcome!

Next time I'm going to make a list of bottles first and then subscribe and see what they sold for. There are just too many bottles to look at randomly. So if anyone would like to start a list, please feel free to do so. But it might be several months before I subscribe again.

Of all the ACL bottles we've seen, the Dr Pepper Candy Stripe and the Mountain Dew Clear Barney an Ally are the two that I am personally most interested in and plan to keep my eyes peeled for a "sleeper" of each. I will likely never find a "sleeper" on eBay, but ya just never know about those Mom & Pop antique stores.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The most valuable soda bottle from Ottawa, Ontario that I know of is the Gini bottle put out by Pure Spring Beverages.
Gini.jpg
Value: $20-25 (I think). It's not rare, just interesting looking. Ottawa is quite likely the worst major city in North America for ACL soda bottles. Pure Spring dominated the market from before the ACL era to the NDNR era, so pretty much all the local ACL sodas we get are Pure Spring, the only exceptions I know of are one independent company with a boring bottle and a few franchises.
If you include Gatineau (the city across the river in Quebec) the most valuable bottle is probably the Capital Dry Ginger Ale bottle from Hull.
Capital Dry.JPG
Value: no idea, but it looks cool. If I had to guess I'd say $30-$60.
The most valuable bottle from Eastern Ontario that I know of is the Renfrew Flavours bottle.
Renfrew Flavours.jpg
Value: $30-$60. There might be a more valuable one out there, but if there is I haven't seen it.

Really my part of the world doesn't have any ACL sodas worth buying to flip for a profit. We do have some amazing ACL milks though. If you ever see an ACL Clark Dairy bottle from Ottawa for cheap, pick it up (not that you would ever be likely to see one for cheap, they have such cool graphics that no matter where they're from they'd be expensive). One with a figure skater on it can go for over a thousand dollars, and none of the ACL's go for much under a hundred dollars.

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks for all they work you always put in Bob. It makes the community much better!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen