Motor Oil Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rwmarler

Reaction score
Most old oil bottles I've seen seem to be taller and slimmer with an attached funnel. This mid/late 20's bottle from US West Coast with embossed wording:
"32 oz (arrow to fill line)"
"The best for less"
"Cast Oil"
"paraffin base plus de-cummed castor"
"Motor Oil"
"Coast Oil CO. INC." (on base)
What kind of top would this come with?
Is this bottle common or is it worth at least a new qt. of 10/40?

Xv64820.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64820.jpg
    Xv64820.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 80

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Castroil is still produced today! It's a synthetic racing motor oil derieved from Castor Oil. VERY distinctive smell![:'(][:'(] There is coincidentally, a good thread on this over on this forum;

http://grimdigger1.proforumhost.com/viewtopic.php?t=465&mforum=grimdigger1

De-gummed likely means detergents were added to prevent residue build-up from the burnt oil,like ordinary gas-based fuels are![;)]

KAT

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
De-gummed likely means detergents were added to prevent residue build-up from the burnt oil,like ordinary gas-based fuels are!

Hi KAT ! Ahhh, it was a typo then. That makes sense now, thanks! Yeah that Castrol smell, I used to race dirtbike (Bultaco's) when a kid. It's a good smell (Castrol) you don't forget, hey? I'll give the link a check out, (wifey had 'puter all nite doing our taxes)
Hope all's well with you.[:)]

den

bigkitty53

Reaction score
You used to run a Bultaco as well??Small World! I've been saving my old 250 frame for the day I find a suitable motor to make a street bike out of it!How many broken bones do you have that you can't blame on bottledigging and/or your missus??[:D][:D]

P.S.You call CASTROL a GOOD[:-][:'(][:-] Smell!!! Den, I think it's fair to say we have VERY different opinions on scents![:D]

KAT

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
P.S.You call CASTROL a GOOD Smell!!! Den, I think it's fair to say we have VERY different opinions on scents!

ha ha, Hi Kat! Well, you know how it is... we're known to dig in dumps (and privey's)...we're all probably capable of all kinds of different stuff[:D]

Yeah, it was 100cc Lobito's when I was in High School. I had two, one for enduro and one for dirt. Only broke one arm, in heat race, then finished in the final. (By then it was pretty swollen and decided I better have an x-ray. Had to cut the elbow out of the cast (throttle arm) to finish the rest of the season. (also got great grades in typing class that year, I think the teach. felt sorry for me[:)])
The 250 frame you have..was it from the Matador? After returning to states, that was first purchase for me. What a race bike! Diggin' is much safer hobby, isn't it? Hope you get a motor for it, soon! (especially with petro prices as they are.)
best,
den.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL