Moxie Nerve Food given to me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
No I do not. I basically only collect milks from Westport MA and a few surrounding towns if I like the bottle. The 86 might be a manufacturers mark. There's probably some source out there to look it up. Thanks for posting.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Pat Appl and variations are used when filed. Pat etc. when approved. Molds of the "Applied" could be used for some time after approval and stock would also be used up also. Thompson did file with the patent office for the trade mark Nerve Food in 85 but whether it's that or the bottle form I don't know. The general shape is what would be patented though and it has little do do with the top unless it's the closure being patented.Are you confused now? [:D]

epgorge

Reaction score
Totally. I thought the file you linked us to said they applied for patent but never were approved. The top has to do with dating. Perhaps, it is not a blob top. regardless, it is an odd one. Someone in the know will eventually stumble upon this thread and tell us. This, I am certain.Joel

epgorge

Reaction score
StorchyTaws said:
I recently found a Moxie that does not have any embossing on the bottom. Being new to this collecting, does no embossing on the bottom have any significance?
Storchy, I believe most Moxies have no embossing on the bottom, so it shouldn't have much bearing on it.Joel

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So I still smile when I read the word Moxie. When I was in high school we used to go to the Olimpian Ice Cream parlor in Watkins Glen NY and get a Moxie Soda drink. I would put two asprins in the glass and drink it. Then go back to school and to the Nurses office and complain about not feeling good. She would take my temperature and send me home from school. It was seven miles home so I took my time and walked along the south east shore of Seneca lake, trying to get home whe the school bus got there.
Slippery eale - but it didn't help my learning much. It was fun anyway RED M

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You slacker you! [:D] I guess thing never change really.I had all kinds of tricks in my sleeve but none I'm going to say publicly. I don't want to influence to the kids out there. [:D][:D]

epgorge

Reaction score
RED Matthews said:
So I still smile when I read the word Moxie. When I was in high school we used to go to the Olimpian Ice Cream parlor in Watkins Glen NY and get a Moxie Soda drink. I would put two asprins in the glass and drink it. Then go back to school and to the Nurses office and complain about not feeling good. She would take my temperature and send me home from school. It was seven miles home so I took my time and walked along the south east shore of Seneca lake, trying to get home whe the school bus got there.
Slippery eale - but it didn't help my learning much. It was fun anyway RED M
Nice concerts at Watkins Glen, if I remember right and I may not as I tend to forget a lot about that era. It was the 60's after all. So Red, the aspirin actually raised your temperature?JoelJoel

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So - yes it did, I just read through this whole thread. I noticed that the thread started with the picture of a different bottle, and the writer called it a "Snap Case Mold" > that term needs some more information for me. RED Matthews.

epgorge

Reaction score
RED Matthews said:
So - yes it did, I just read through this whole thread. I noticed that the thread started with the picture of a different bottle, and the writer called it a "Snap Case Mold" > that term needs some more information for me. RED Matthews.
Red,You are right. I should have said snap case base. The mold is a hinge mold.http://www.sha.org/bottle/bases.htmIs that better?Joel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26