My 11 year old dying to go on a dig..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello, Keith Dunlap here.I will try to make this post as short as possible. I lived in Landover, MD till I was 16. I started digging and finding dumps at about 11 years of age. My family moved to OK in 1976 when I was 16 and though I tried here, there ended my bottle digging. I am now 52, and still have the FIRE for it and thru stories told to my kids, my youngest has a " bottle diggin jones' himself. He just turned 12 and his name is Noah. SO, to the point; we are taking a vacation to Beaumont, NC to arrive August 4th and we will be taking I-40 all the way there. So, we will be passing by Nashville, Lebenon, crossville, Knoxville, Newport, Ashville, Morgantown, Hickory, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Hillsbouro, Durham, Goldsboro, Smithville, Kinston, New Born, Havelock, Newport and all the points along I-40 I know not of!
My request is, if there is anyone along this route that has a diggin spot thay would be willing to share for a few hours with me and my son or (sons),I have 3, I would be very grateful for the chance and Noah would be MORE than grateful. Ofcourse I would be willing to pay for your time and knowledge of the spot. Preferably, the dump would be pre Blown in mold bottles, as my son(s) are a bit knowledgeable about it. I just want to give my son the experience and thrill of finding whole bottles and of-course the let-down of finding the bottom broke off a good one, you know, the hunt!
So, if you fit the bill, please contact me. It would be the week of July 30-August 3. Thanks for reading and your time.
Respectfully, Keith Dunlap

epackage

Reaction score
Good luck, I'll keep bumping this to the top until someone can help you out, great idea...Jim

beendiggin

Reaction score
I'd help out but I'm living on the coast of Maine. If you ever make it up here, let me know. Best of luck on your trip...hope you and yours find some great bottles and memories.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Oh, how I wish I would have had the sense to take pictures of some of my digs. One, we called the "muck hole", it was a boggy area made by a spring that was chock full of 1870-1890 bottles. THey ended up building the Capitol Center right over it. I was finding alot of broken glass in a slight depression close by and I decided to walk down this path and saw a box turtle by this wet area. Went to pick it up and there lies a George C Palmer blob top, super whittle marked Wash DC beer bottle (teal). After getting all the surface stuff, we went to poking a metal rod into the muck slowly till we heard a "dink". In went our arm and with a suction sound out came a bottle. The one that comes to mind was a very large amber "anchor flask" that I found was made in Baltimore. Clasp mold, oh so close to pontil years.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I couldn't imagine if I never took a camera on any of my digs.Like they say,a picture is worth a 1001 words. I wish I started to take pix when I first started digging,that would be wild to look back on.[:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4